Senior Technical QA Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Finastra active
View all jobs Senior Technical QA Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We’re an energized bunch, who love to be at the forefront of innovation. We make it our mission to develop and stay ahead of the latest trends and technology. Our goal? To put customers at the core of what we do and to deliver solutions that drive transformation and unlock the potential of people and businesses.Requirements
- 4-6 years of experience in technical/non-functional testing (installation, usability, security, access rights, licensing, compatibility etc.) and/or system & application configuration
- A bachelor or master degree in IT (preferable computer science)
- Good understanding of testing concepts, methodologies and processes
- Good knowledge of software development life cycles, software engineering processes, test processes, operating systems, client/server applications, distributed systems, shared services, communication protocols and software architecture
- Strong experience with at least one scripting language to improve test efficiency and automation: Python, Bash, Groovy, etc;
- Familiar with CI/CD Automation and capable of designing CI Automation as needed using Jenkins
- Work with the team to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc.
- Solid experience in both Manual and Automation testing
- Basic knowledge of Database Concepts
- Experience with testing API’s and Web-services (SOAP, REST etc.)
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of quality assurance methods and techniques including the software development life-cycle.
- Effective planning and organizational skills, with an attention to detail.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to think ‘out of the box’ for process improvements.
- Ability to execute test plans and test scripts for software applications, document expected results vs. actual results, and record software defects.
Nice to have:
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment systems like Jenkins is a plus
- Experience with deploying and managing services and applications in Cloud is a plus
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm is a plus
- Coordinate/Perform technical/non-functional testing activities considering both explicit and implicit application requirements
- Developing, documenting and maintaining technical and non-functional test cases
- Review and validation of Technical USs and bug fixes
- Manage QA environments (Windows/Linux applications) for functional, integration, installation, automation, performance & security testing
- Design and implement automation test scripts and frameworks
- Write & improve Win/Unix scripts for various purposes (environment management, test scheduling, test results comparison)
- Support root-cause analysis exercises against target areas, propose corrective approaches for measurable improvements, track and report progress
- Provide feedback on the quality of the project/product through meetings, testing progress reports and communication with the project team/ stakeholders;
- Raise concerns about project/product/process quality in clear, timely, collaborative, constructive way and propose solutions where possible
- Research the market for appropriate tools depending on the required task, organize POC and support new tool roll-outs
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases to locate bugs and regressions and ensuring product quality is of a high standard
- Maintain a source code repository of all scripts and programs related to the automation framework and tests.
- Automating of application deployments, reducing manual efforts, always looking for continuous improvements
- Assist in the review of software development processes to improve product quality.
- Tracks defects from detection to resolution and works with developers to reproduce and resolve defects.
- Reviews product documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Create and/or run SQL scripts to populate data and validate test results.