Database Infrastructure Consultant
What is mandatory:
• A “can do or will try my very best to DO” attitude.
• Show optimism and enthusiasm in their working and enjoy challenges
• Are self-motivated and always desire to learn and improve
• Support others opinions and ideas
• Have good communication skills
• Open mindless and creativity
• Show flexibility in relation to other people
• Sustain innovation and optimization and are always trying to find new solutions for problems
• Show analytical thinking and attention to details
• Want to have fun and create new experiences with a great team
What is nice to have:
• Studies: graduate of a technical university – preferable in IT, Telecom, Electronics, Cybernetics
• English: good verbal and written skills
• Knowledge of Linux & Windows server systems
• Knowledge about database systems: Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
• Networking basic knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, Routing etc.)
• Programming languages: Bash/PowerShell Scripting, Java, Perl, Python etc.
You will be responsible for:
o install and configure new databases
o monitor and adjust accordingly space usages, monitor databases availability , locks, replication status, CPU usage.
o manage security : create/drop users, grant/revoke access rights, setup security auditing
o manage backup policy: develop and deploy backup scripts, monitor executions, resolve errors
o manage development platforms: restore database backups as development databases, ReSync specific objects from production, develop scripts to automate recreation of development databases
o proactively perform performance tuning and capacity planning
o resolve complaints from different users - errors received from databases, performance problems, access problems, locking issues
o review user code and suggest better approach in order to increase performance or reduce load
o involvement in transversal projects and activities for: requirements definition, technical solution definition, acceptance strategy, operational testing, implementation of automation/monitoring mechanisms
o migrate database to different OS versions, to different OS types, to higher database versions
o scripts development for the automation of recurrent processes
o develop and document templates, good practices, procedures for specific actions/processes
We’ll offer you every possible way of learning and and improving your skills, from coaching inside the team or with other teams to online and in-class courses.