DevOps Support Senior Analyst
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs DevOps Support Senior Analyst active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
The aim of the role is to proactively prevent and resolve issues and to provide reactive support in a mission critical type environment. The ideal candidate will possess a broad skillset covering application support with some exposure to scripting, automation, release management, systems administration and Oracle databases. The role is most suited to candidates willing to embrace a demanding and varied but balanced and flexible work pattern, which would include covering on-site shifts, participating in the 24x7 on-call rota and supporting weekend testing according to project requirements. In addition to the above a large part of the role is project based, including playing a key part in on-boarding new applications, upgrading existing systems and implementing the integration into the operations architecture toolset. Key Responsibilities
- Provide Level 2 technical advice and risk assessment based on knowledge of applications, databases and system software
- Ensure that all operational responsibilities are performed including monitoring systems and deploying releases
- Provide effective escalation and resolution of issues and problems to stakeholders
- Gain an in depth knowledge of the unit’s processes
- Act as the operations SME for one or more of the supported applications
- Take ownership of operational live service issues and drive their resolution in order to reduce the number of recurring technical issues
- Manage the implementation of change without adverse impact to continuity of service, adhering to existing change policy and processes, liaising with other business and technical teams
- Ensure changes are correctly impact assessed and implemented
- Train level 1 team to perform an adequate level of triage for application issues
- Write and maintain support documentation, service models, incident management processes, technical specifications and user guides.
- Collaborate with other IT teams across the organisation in order to create common standards
- Proactively identify operational risks. Provide short term solutions whilst tracking long term resolution.
- Identify and implement operational improvements for processes, performance and reliability
- For any supported interfaces develop an understanding of how they all interact
- On-board new applications and integrate them into the operations architecture
- Provide impacts and implement the necessary changes to the operations architecture toolset
- Work closely with project teams to ensure operational requirements are met and changes impacted and implemented
- Provide input for change planning
- Provide input to architectural design for network, infrastructure, database and applications
- Support development changes, providing accurate estimates for time and capital costs, attending project meetings and analysing impact for proposed project work and meeting deadlines
- Develop an understanding of procedures and SLAs for supported services.
- Invoke level 3 support requests, manage their progression and provide input from an operational perspective
- Aid business representatives to write clear requirements for any new processes or software changes and provide designs in order to meet those requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise DevOps
- Strong background in Linux
- Strong coding/scripting experience (BASH/Shell)
- Experience with configuring and using a CI/CD tool such as Jenkins
- Experience with provisioning and configuration management using Bitbucket, Ansible, Terraform or equivalent
- Git source control using Bitbucket or equivalent
- Experience with AWS - AWS API, EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, Route53, VPC, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, ADFS, ElastiCache, Microservices, Elastic Beanstalk.
- Experience with Hadoop Eco system or AWS Elastic MapReduce service and other ETL related AWS services such as AWS Glue, Athena, QuickSight, Lake Formation and SageMaker.
- Experience handling large volumes of structured and unstructured data in terms of storage choices such as S3, RedShift, S3 Glacier and efficient data formats such as Parquet and ORC.
- Experience with Amazon Kinesis data streaming services and real-time data analysis tools such as Spark Streaming and Kinesis Data Analytics.
- Experience with security best practices for data at rest and data in-transit using AWS tools such as SSE-KMS, security policies, cryptographic protocols.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to share information and work individually or as part of a team to solve problems
- Understating of computer networks and underlying protocols
- Pro-active approach to learning about and adapting to new technologies.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
• Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension;
• 25 days’ holiday a year;
• Private medical insurance;
• Group life insurance policy;
• Meal vouchers;
• Share Purchase Plan;
• Volunteering Days.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence, which are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile, so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.