SQL Solutions Architect / Developer
UnaVista is the London Stock Exchange's matching, reconciliation and data integration service, our customers being tier 1 investment banks, hedge funds, brokers and other financial institutions.
The UnaVista team is run along similar lines to a software company: our culture is dynamic, and requires each individual to adapt rapidly to change, contribute fully and think on their feet. This role involves on-going interaction with all other areas (sales, pre-sales, professional services, development and QA, customer support, technical writing, marketing), as well as with customers.
- At least 3 years of SQL development on Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2017 (preferably)
- Skilled at creating and optimizing large complicated T-SQL transactional statements
- Be proficient in database architecture design and performance tuning
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with large data sets (billions of records)
- Understanding Business requirements and translating them into technical solutions
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database issues (integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocking issues, etc.)
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures, functions and XML manipulation using T-SQL
- Worked within an Agile/Scrum environment using tools like Jira, Confluence etc.
- Financial/Banking/Insurance background preferred
- Java knowledge is a plus
- To build new solutions on the UnaVista platform in accordance with requirements prioritized by product management and regulators
- To deliver optimized and scalable solutions ensuring on-going support requirements are minimized
- To work with related teams (development, professional services, QA and support) to ensure that business solutions are delivered on time and with high quality coding standards
- To translate business requirements into actual technical solutions and document system features / functionalities
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholder to report on progress against agreed deliverables and escalate any critical issues/blockers.
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
- Share Purchase Plan
- Volunteering Days