Technical Project Manager
Vauban joined the GFI Group at the beginning of January 2019. With more than 450 consultants in Romania, Vauban is a leading provider of IT services and innovative applications. Created in 2007, the company has experienced strong growth and has established itself as a reference partner for key accounts in the Banking, Telecom, Industry and Energy sectors.Cerinte
Key qualifications for the role:
• Vast experience in (senior) project, cost & risk management, based on PMBOK.
• Additional certifications, such as PMP certification, are a plus.
• Sell/Execute process and AIM expertise is needed.
• You have a Telecommunications/Electronics/SW/Computer master’s degree or equivalent through experience.
• Basic understanding in infrastructure, system and IT (Linux servers, Virtualization, External Storage Solutions.
• Basic understanding in L2, L3 networking (configuring and designing at high and low level).
• Basic understanding in Programming / Scripting (Bash, Python, Ansible etc) is a plus.
• Basic understanding in NFV, SDN and Cloud concepts linked with virtualization practical experience is needed.
• Basic understanding in Cloud Management Systems, Virtual Infrastructure Management systems and Cloud Infrastructure Management Systems is required.
• Basic understanding in HEAT/HOT, Ansible, Mistral concepts is a plus.
• Technical knowledge on OpenStack, VMware, RHEL.
• Knowledge of 3th party Cloud environments like Mirantis, HP NFV Director, ACN, Canonical, Suse….is a plus.
• Basic understanding in Containers, Kubernetes and Microservices concepts.
• You are personally committed to quality
• You like to work in a customer facing environment
• Operate autonomously and are result driven
• Take ownership and accountability
• Flexible in taking up different roles and tackling multiple technologies
• Strong negotiation and communication skills in multi-national and global environment
• Capable of showing technical and organizational leadership
• Very high English proficiency
As a Technical Project Manager, you coordinate and manage the implementation of all the technical aspects of our Cloud/NFV/SDN customer delivery projects, globally, in terms of feature content, delivery date and quality of the technical solution, from offer preparation through project realization activities and customer acceptance. In this context, you plan, organize and steer the customer delivery project activities within the scope of NFV/SDN Infrastructure and MANO components, and potentially vNFs and other vApps. These activities cover project scope and requirements definition, elaboration and execution of the solution validation strategy (both NOKIA and customer lab environments), solution integration, installation and commissioning in customer environments, customer acceptance.
You identify and monitor technical risks of strategic projects, globally, while providing alternate solutions to mitigate the risks. You monitor solution Quality of Service and stability, ensuring that all Key Performance Indicators are within contract definition. You coordinate answers to unresolved technical issues and sets up technical support processes between the CloudBand CBIS & CBAM R&D and the NSW/GSC organization.
You operate within the framework of the Nokia Sell/Execute Process/ACE (Automated Customer Engineering) methodology.
In your role as Technical Project Manager, you are accountable for delivering the NFVI/SDN/MANO part, and potentially the vNF/vApp parts of various customer projects, in terms of quality, schedule and content.
You will closely collaborate with customer delivery project stakeholders such as NOKIA product BU’s, other NSW/CS&C Domains and Delivery Units, 3rd party suppliers, local delivery teams and customer technical interfaces. You are the customer’s prime interface for all the technical aspects of the solution, and you manage the day to day relationship with the customer. Therefore, some travel to local customer sites is required.
• You are the key Technical Focal point for the CloudBand CBIS/CBAM Delivery and integration activities, bridging the NSW/CS&C Delivery organization and the main CloudBand R&D hub on a global scale
• Within the Cloud/NFV/SDN strategic project related activities:
Define the global technical part of Project Management Plans.
Define an end-to-end integration strategy & coordinates involvement of integration teams.
Validate and approve the global technical part of Project Management Plans.
Supporting NSW/GSC organization in making sure that project is delivered, in terms of quality, schedule and content in line with the Project Management Plan.
Identify deliverables under your responsibility. You plan & execute these deliverables taking care of cost & milestones
• You are the prime interface with customer CTO for all technical concerns.
• Understand the customers' strategy and manage his technical expectations
• Responsible to identifying risks for both customer and Nokia. You propose & implement risk mitigation.
• Responsible of building the technical staff of the project
• Manage allocation of resources to ensure project deliverables.
• Identify cost improvements throughout collaboration with R&D to further automate delivery and integration tasks
• Define the general plan with GPM, taking care of First Off applications and Product Roadmap
• Define the KPIs with the customer. You define the strategy of follow up with the Project team. You follow up KPIs of the operator's network in order to ensure the optimized usage of the deployed solution
• Responsible to propose GPM a migration strategy & plans of execution
Key differentiators and additional information:
• You are in the most strategic crossroads of the digital transformation of Nokia into Software and Cloud Native applications, between the CloudBand R&D and the NSW/GSC Solution Delivery teams.
• Work in a highly challenging and ever technology changing environment.
• You get involved in a great variety of technologies.
• Combine multiple roles/execute different type of activities.
• Experience directly the customer facing and appreciation.
• You deal with different internal and external stakeholders and partners.
• Participate in different type of projects.
• Interesting salary conditions
• Working with new and highly desirable technologies
• Undetermined period of contract
• Career plan (professional, academic and financial)
• Medical insurance
• Official training's and certifications
• Lunch tickets
• Work from home 3 days a week
• Yearly professional evaluation
• Professional and friendly working environment