Senior Java Developer
Join one of the most talented teams in Romania at our amazing office in the heart of Bucuresti, near piata Romana. Enjoy a rich range of development languages: Java, C++, C# .NET, Angular – together with QA, support and integration teams.Requirements
We are looking for a talented Senior Java Developer who will be part of our R&D team in Romania.
If you’ve read this far, then we know you are curious to learn more – and we like that!
So, if you’re looking to apply your expertise and well-honed skills in Java, and:
• are driven by curiosity,
• thrive on solving the most complex security challenges, and
• are looking for a unique opportunity to grow and contribute
• in an exciting and rewarding environment
then we want to meet you!
Your tool box
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science/software engineering or other related fields
• Experience in developing in Java 6-8 (>5 years)
• Experience with OOP, JBoss, SOA architecture, SOAP and REST APIs
• Experience with EJB and Spring
• Experience with JMS
• Experience with Hibernate and MyBatis
• Knowledge in SQL
• Expert with multithreading
• Ability to quick entry to existing code
• Ready to travel abroad once a quarter
• Fluent English
• Ability to mentor junior
• Ability to lead a project development
• An endlessly curious mind
Nice to have
• Knowledge in Sybase
• Experience with Kafka, ActiveMQ, HornetQ
• Experience with Elastic search
• Experience with AVRO
• Experience with Wildfly
• Experience with EJB
• Experience with TCP messages
• Team player
• Goal oriented
• Open personality with great communication skills
• Willing to interact and collaborate with different interfaces from around the world
• Willing to develop in a very dynamic work environment
• Willing to mentor junior members of the team
• Willing to take ownership of all development projects steps after the onboarding period
• Fluent communication skills in English
• Ability to travel abroad once a quarter
• Projecting logical schemes and diagrams for structuring project requests in logical sequences
• Taking responsibility for fixing all assigned bugs in the code for all application versions supported in the company
• Providing effort estimations for assigned tasks
• Drafting code modules in programming languages using integrated development environments
• Configuring, testing and modifying necessary applications for delivering requests communicated by the customer
• Projecting and modifying database structure by coding the data description using database systems
• Preparing the necessary documents according to project requirements
• Ensuring assistance by practical demonstrations, presentations and providing specific configurations
• Self-learning by studying books and magazines in the field, electronic documentation, enrolls in discussions on domain topics
• Collecting, structuring and analyzing information
• Drafting status reports on projects, activities, etc.
• Ensuring maintenance of equipment by following the instructions manuals, reporting to Service department the malware encountered
• Ensuring good functioning of installed programs by following the procedures connected to the protection against viruses, maintaining the software configuration
• Ensuring proper integration with the team and will collaborate and communicate with them constantly
• Providing ideas for improvements regarding the team’s tasks and projects
Why Cognyte is your perfect match
We’re a values-driven business with a strong passion for innovation that makes a meaningful impact on the world around us.
Our purpose is crystal clear: we deliver Actionable Intelligence in the service of a safer world. This purpose lives in all our people and guides us in everything we do.
We are calling out to the curious minds of the world, who are looking to break new ground and bring innovative ideas to life.
So, if this is you then we’re the match for you. And you’ll love it here because:
• We empower our people to explore, learn, and grow
• We develop cutting edge technology that makes this world a safer place
• Our teams are small, agile, and collaborative
• We have a global presence that spans every continent (excluding Antarctica), with development centers in Israel and around the world
• We provide many and varied opportunities for individual exploration and career development
• We have a vibrant culture where you can fulfill your bold ambitions
• We encourage creativity and personal expression
We believe that diverse teams drive the greatness of ideas, products, and companies. Whatever your race, gender, age, creed, or taste in music – if you’ve got the drive, commitment, and dedication to be the best, do your best, and work with the best, then come join us. We’re waiting for you.
We can work remotely when required for almost all roles and countries, and make every effort to make the work-from-home experience comfortable and productive for employees. And whether you’re working from home or in an office, your health and wellbeing are always our top priority.