Senior C++ Developer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Harman International Romania active
View all jobs Senior C++ Developer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
The Senior SW Engineer will be part of a team responsible for developing the software components for System Functions domain: Diagnosis and SW Update.
- Review Software specifications, Architecture and Design documents for the system
- Develop software components (C++/Linux)
- Analyze customer specifications; develop components architecture based on this information
- Resolve inconsistencies in case of unclear technical requirements in the specification by direct communication with the customer
- Make functional testing of developed source code, participate in code review sessions
- Act according the standards of the automotive industry and in-car applications and software development processes
- Bug fixing and maintenance tasks for the software components delivered.
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer-driven design reviews throughout the program.
- Coordinates software development activities with software team leader.
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to negotiate a resolution.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Manages small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
- Manages large projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process.
- Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues.
- May direct the work of 1-2 other engineers
- Develop and offer visibility on risk assessment for critical fixes
- Takes a technical leading role in taskforces, workshops or war rooms initiated by the customer.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other relevant (IT connected) specializations
- At least 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- Solid knowledge of C++ proved by 3+ years of experience
- Linux expertise
- Experience in developing embedded applications
- Knowledge in inter-process communication, threading
- Good English communication skills both written and verbal
- Automotive experience
- Experience with infotainment / entertainment systems.
- Unified Modeling Language Knowledge
- Knowledge in agile software development methods (SCRUM)
- Willingness to travel (0-20% of time) depending on the project necessities
- Work in international teams with the biggest worldwide automotive customers
- HARMAN University takes the mission to further stimulate a learning culture and provide meaningful learning and development programs for your professional development
- Market competitive and compliant compensation and benefits programs, e.g. flexible working time, medical subscription, free parking spaces, meal tickets, etc.
- Further career development opportunities