Embedded Linux Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Harman International Romania active
View all jobs Embedded Linux Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day. Chances are HARMAN and its innovative brands have already touched your life today. HARMAN designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions and services supporting the Internet of Things.
As a Linux System Expert a member of the System Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for implementing the basic software layers including HW/SW-drivers and analyzing of system behavior in terms of stability and performance. You will be involved in various projects for high-end embedded automotive infotainment systems.
- Analyze and assess the customer requirements (RFC, RFI, RFQ) with focus on the basic system software packages and drivers.
- Create detailed specifications and evaluate the system and software design concepts in close cooperation with the platform teams, 3rd party suppliers and the customer.
- Drive system bring-ups and system integration of low-level components of the software stack.
- Perform the integration of SW components into an existing Yocto build system.
- Perform system monitoring, profiling, and optimization regarding of startup/boot time, CPU load and memory bandwidth.
- Perform configuration, development and maintenance of embedded Linux systems and Android systems without and with different hypervising technologies.
- Analyze the trouble tickets, steering actively the bug fixing by technical coordination of all involved parties with multiple dependencies.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other relevant (IT-related) specializations.
- At least 3 years experience in software development in C/C++ preferably with focus on embedded Linux and Android systems.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Proficient in Linux system programing, kernel configuration and shell scripting.
- Excellent understanding of Linux system startup and configuration with systemd.
- Knowledge regarding set up of embedded Linux distributions using Open Embedded / Yocto / Bitbake.
- Proficient with CMake, Git, Subversion and Gerrit Code Review.
- Good understanding of hardware and software architectures
- Virtualization techniques (VMware, qemu) in combination with Yocto.
- Profound understanding in Linux driver development, ability to maintain existing code.
- Deep understanding of the concepts Chain of Trust and Trusted Execution.
- Knowledge in Ethernet, TCP/IP networking, Linux network configuration, NFS, CIFS.
- Knowledge in agile software development methods (SCRUM).
- Good coding skills in Python.
- Fluent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10% of time) depending of project needs.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Work in international teams with the biggest worldwide automotive customers
- HARMAN University takes the mission to further stimulate a learning culture and provide meaningful learning and development programs for your professional development
- Market competitive and compliant compensation and benefits programs, e.g. flexible working time, medical subscription, free parking spaces, meal tickets, etc.
- Further career development opportunities