Data Center Services Engineer - Vitesco Technologies TSR
The role is responsible for coordinating the operations of our central infrastructure services in the global Hub Data Centers as well as in local Data Centers of Vitesco Technologies. This includes services like Managed Server Linux, Managed Server Windows, Managed Database Oracle, Managed Database MSSQL, Managed Hypervisor, Managed Storage and Managed Backup with different service levels.
Operating the infrastructure services will include various responsibilities like keeping existing service levels, managing the lifecycle of existing and new platforms and working on optimization processes. Migrating existing infrastructure components and their data is another important aspect. This includes working on new technologies, proof of concepts (POC) and transforming them into our daily business. The Data Center Services Engineer supports rollouts, upgrades and replacements of the managed services in our global and local datacenters.
The role is also responsible for providing 24/7 support for the services in scope. Other key aspects are the incident management for 2nd and 3rd level support as well as the coordination and implementation of complex change requests. Building a good relation towards our stakeholders is a key requirement. As a member of the team the role has the possibility to develop and implement own ideas, work independently within the specified framework and thus have a direct impact on the success of the future Vitesco IT as well as our business.
* Understand and maintain the EE related IT infrastructure;
* Act as major stakeholder to align EE IT needs with corporate infrastructure;
* Maintain IT related Application infrastructure;
* Develop Vitesco specific utilities to adapt the standard ECAD tools to business needs and infrastructure requirements;
* Adapt the standard ECAD tools accordingly to match with business needs and infrastructure requirements;
* Support internal & external (SW) solutions (2nd and 3rd level support).
Required skills and competencies:
* University Degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Sciences or similar qualification;
* Several years of experience within the field of Information Technology, preferable hands-on experience in Storage, Virtualization, Hardware;
* Expert level knowledge about Managed Server, Managed Databases, Managed Storage, Backup and Cloud solutions Experience in DC, data, service operations and migrations in order to support migration to VT DC and future operations;
* Problem-solving capability, decisiveness and result-driven;
* Experience with Cloud technologies would be appreciated;
* Knowledge in international programs or projects;
* Driving third-party partnerships/relationships;
* Service focused and ability to identify creative solutions to deliver against business needs;
* Willing to try new things or challenge the status quo;
* Good communication, ability to solve conflict situations and high customer orientation;
* Experience in a cross-functional, distributed, word-wide work environment and work in international teams;
* A positive attitude and desire to make an impact on an organization;
* Planning and organizational skills, high level of dedication, flexibility and independence;
* Fluent in English (written and spoken).
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
Vitesco Technologies offers efficient and clean powertrain technologies. The focus is on intelligent systems and components for the electrification of vehicles as well as electronic control systems, sensors, actuators and exhaust aftertreatment solutions.