IT Engineer for MIS Infrastructure - Vitesco Technologies TSR
The main purpose of the job is managing and operating a worldwide Multipurpose distributed IT platform across 40 locations. This includes a 24/7 service based on Vitesco Technologies' hyperconverged infrastructure. The team is settled in a global layout with global/regional responsibilities.
Operating the infrastructure as part of a worldwide team will include various responsibilities like keeping existing service levels, managing the lifecycle of existing and new platforms and working on optimization processes. Migrating existing infrastructure components and their data to our platform is another important aspect.
Besides the daily operational tasks the role will support the evolution of the platform and its related services. This includes working on new technologies, proof of concepts (POC) and transforming them into our daily business. Building a good relation towards our stakeholders is a key requirement. As a member of the team the role has the possibility to develop and implement own ideas, work independently within the specified framework and thus have a direct impact on the success of the future Vitesco IT.
* Understand and maintain the MIS related IT infrastructure - Incident management under Follow the Sun - FTS (during week days and office hours) and Call on Duty - CoD (support on weekends and holidays) rotated among the team members;
* Act as major stakeholder to align MIS needs with corporate infrastructure;
* Maintain IT related MIS infrastructure - Implementing standard changes i.e. supporting MIS updates, maintenances windows requested by the locations, infrastructure changes prior / during and after Application Updates, etc;
* Processing of special change requests and assessments;
* Manage risks, actions, issues and dependencies; Participates on meetings involving customers, Vitesco IT and partners;
* Develop Vitesco specific utilities to adapt the standard ECAD tools to business needs and infrastructure requirements;
* Adapt the standard ECAD tools accordingly to match with business needs and infrastructure requirements;
* Support internal & external (SW) solutions (2nd and 3rd level support).
Required skills and competencies:
* University Degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Sciences or similar qualification;
* Several years of Experience working in IT, preferable hands-on experience around Storage, Virtualization, Hardware;
* Experience in UCS / UCS Central administration;
* Highly familiar in Vmware 6.0, 6.5 administration;
* Detailed knowledge in Netapp cDOT administration;
* Experience in scripting (Powershell, Python);
* Problem-solving capability, decisiveness and result-driven;
* Experience with Cloud technologies would be appreciated;
* Service focused and ability to identify creative solutions to deliver against business needs;
* Willing to try new things or challenge the status quo;
* Good communication, ability to solve conflict situations and high customer orientation;
* Experience in a cross-functional, distributed, word-wide work environment and work in international team;
* A positive attitude and desire to make an impact on an organization;
* Planning and organizational skills, high level of dedication, flexibility and independence;
* Fluent in English (written and spoken).
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
Vitesco Technologies offers efficient and clean powertrain technologies. The focus is on intelligent systems and components for the electrification of vehicles as well as electronic control systems, sensors, actuators and exhaust aftertreatment solutions.