Senior Disaster Recovery Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Finastra active
View all jobs Senior Disaster Recovery Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We’re an energized bunch, who love to be at the forefront of innovation. We make it our mission to develop and stay ahead of the latest trends and technology. Our goal? To put customers at the core of what we do and to deliver solutions that drive transformation and unlock the potential of people and businesses.Requirements
- Experience working with global delivery teams.
- Experience in delivering global DR solutions.
- Experience in organizing Disaster Recovery tests and maintaining documentation.
- Experience in preparing client communication, reports, diagrams and presentations.
- Improving and updating existing DR plans and scenarios as part of the annual maintenance cycle.
- Experience in supporting technical teams in delivering DR build-outs and solutions.
- Experience with BC in the Cloud software or similar BCM tools.
- Maintaining a list of DR gaps and drive closure to meet the internal SLA, RTO and RPO.
- Proven ability to deliver in a fast paced, complex technical environment
- Diploma or Bachelors in Computer Science or related area of study from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Manual dexterity to input data into the computer.
- Infrequent travel may be necessary.
- Work is performed in a general office environment.
The Senior Disaster Recovery (DR) Engineer is responsible for the build, maintenance, and execution of the Technology DR Plans (DRPs). DRPs ensure Finastra technology continues business critical services during emergencies. As a member of the DR team, the Senior Engineer will work collaboratively with management, project management and technical staff to guide the creation, deployment, and testing of required DR plans. The Senior DR Engineer may also act as a point of escalation in the event of a disaster. This role is expected to assume total responsibility of maintaining documentation and the annual DR test commitments, identifying and closing gaps in the recovery solutions within targeted SLAs.
- At least 7 years of relevant IT experience, with 5 years focused on Disaster Recovery.
- Proficient with up to date DR strategies and methodologies.
- Strong negotiating/influencing skills.
- Ability to effectively provide knowledge transfer to other members of the team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to build consensus, using team dynamics to achieve positive outcomes.
- Goal oriented and action focused.