QA Automation Engineer
We create impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that result in relevant, memorable and rewarding interactions between brands and consumers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands like Estee Lauder, Groupon, Microsoft, Macy’s, Mozilla, Lululemon, Neiman Marcus, among others. Cognizant Softvision has over 10,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of 20 studios in 11 countries and 5 continents.
In Romania, we have been present since 1998 and we have continuously grown over the years into a powerful team of more than 1800 employees. With Studios in Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Iași, Timișoara, and Baia Mare we embrace both IT professionals with strong software development skills and experience as well as young talented people, willing to learn, to develop their career and oriented towards success.
With a unique approach that helps us deliver sustainable innovation and business transformation for the world’s leading brands improving their digital maturity. We work at the intersection of engineering, design, and strategy, to help our customers create game-changing digital experiences with our client-dedicated teams.
For this position you should be able to check the following:
- QA automation with development skills - ability to write from scratch automation scripts.
- Knowledge of OOP
- Experience with Automation tools (at least one): Selenium (IDE/RC/Web Driver), Jmeter, Cucumber, QTP, SoapUI, Sikuli.
- Knowledge of version control tools, especially Git.
- Good understanding of data formats is a must.
- Experience in creating tests for API's and automate them.
- Experience with continuous integrations and continuous deployment (Jenkins is a plus).
- Experience working in Agile Projects.
- A problem solver with a keen eye for details and a strong desire to learn.
- Self-directed, independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments.
A day in the life of a QA Automation Engineer:
- Defines test objectives, creates test plans and develops automated test cases/procedures.
- Performs testing against highly detailed specifications.
- Provides test results to management and customers that are clear and concise.
- Innovates and helps build new features in the current tools or design and builds new and improved automation tools.
- Leads and delivers cutting edge test automation solutions that have a direct impact on increasing the quality of the products, while decreasing the time it takes to test them.
- Responsible for recognizing and creating awareness of process or quality problems.
- Researches and develops an understanding of the marketing and/or industry requirements for the product feature being tested, including how the users use the feature and their performance requirements for the features.
- Identifies & proposes QA process improvements.
Not convinced yet? Find out more about our work system, guilds and benefits here: https://careers-romania.cognizantsoftvision.com/our-studios/.