QA Manual Engineer
We create impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that result in relevant, memorable and rewarding interactions between brands and consumers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands like Estee Lauder, Groupon, Microsoft, Macy’s, Mozilla, Lululemon, Neiman Marcus, among others. Cognizant Softvision has over 10,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of 20 studios in 11 countries and 5 continents.
In Romania, we have been present since 1998 and we have continuously grown over the years into a powerful team of more than 1800 employees. With Studios in Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Iași, Timișoara, and Baia Mare we embrace both IT professionals with strong software development skills and experience as well as young talented people, willing to learn, to develop their career and oriented towards success.
With a unique approach that helps us deliver sustainable innovation and business transformation for the world’s leading brands improving their digital maturity. We work at the intersection of engineering, design, and strategy, to help our customers create game-changing digital experiences with our client-dedicated teams.
For this position you should be able to check the following:·
-Testing methodology knowledge
- 3+ years of experience in manual testing
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux OS
- Good communication skills: good verbal & writing in English – bi-weekly meeting with the client
- HMTL and CSS basic knowledge.
A day in the life of a QA Manual Engineer
- Relevant experience writing test cases, reporting test results, cross-platform testing
- Performs testing against highly detailed specifications
- Provides clear and concise test results to management and customers
- Records defects (using bug tracking software), understands and describes bug life cycle, including documenting information useful in the debugging process, evaluating test data, problem discovery, tracking and resolution
- Responsible for recognizing and creating awareness of process or quality problems
- Researches and develops an understanding of the marketing and/or industry requirements for the product feature being tested, including how the users use the feature and their performance requirements for the features
- Works closely with other departments such as Support, Development, Product Management and DevOps
- Identifies & proposes QA process improvements