Internship as Software Developer - VNI CE TSR
With 16 years of experience in Timisoara, the Vehicle Network and Information - Central Engineering (VNI CE) business unit has a large product portfolio and ensures the confort, security and safety of passengers in the car. The most important products we develop are the body controllers, key & keyless access systems, tire pressure monitoring systems with wheel units, control units for doors, trunk, seats, mirrors, headlamps, sunroofs and other confort devices in the car. In Timisoara we develop most of these products working for most of the big car manufacturers (Renault&Nissan group, VW group, Volvo, Hyundai, Honda, GM). As a result of the experience of our engineers we have now a deep expertise in various software areas: *Body Controller applications: central locking, alarm, lights, wiper, diagnosis, energy management, etc; *Access Systems: RF keys development, Electronic Steering Column lock, Passive Access Systems; *Tire Information System: wheel unit and central unit for tire pressure measurement. Our workproducts are used on products with various microcontrollers, with 8, 16, 32 bits architecture. The software developers are performing different activities starting with requirements engineering, design, coding up to testing their SW on test-benches and/or on the car. Mostly ANSI C is used, as also, in a smaller range Java, C# and assembler language. Beside, the Model Based Development is more and more used on applications development (Mathlab Simulink, Targetlink, Statemate, Rhapsody). If you have a good technical background, you want to learn new things and you want to contribute to the development of the future cars than join us and let's develop the future together.
- Develop tools or update existing tools;
- Develop lower-complexity functions;
- Integration support on development projects;
- Build Management activity.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes, and organization.
- ANSI C knowledge: intermediate level;
- Basic knowledge of microcontrollers;
- Good logical thinking / analytical skills;
- Ability to create/understand different algorithms.
As an added plus:
- Knowledge of other programming languages (C++, C#, Java, etc.);
- Faculty Projects on Arduino or Raspberry Pi or other development boards.
What we offer:
- Process and project learning phase (documentation and support for understanding);
- On-the-job training;
- Possibility to work on project-related tasks depending on the level of technical know-how;
- Dynamic environment (possibility to work on different projects/products with different technical chalenges);
- Friendly environment;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work, and sabbaticals.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements "Network. Inform. Integrate.", i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.