Software Development Engineer
We create the technology to connect the world. We develop and deliver the industry’s only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, we are leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. With Nokia future becomes present. You will work on new generation mobile networks (5G) which will allow autonomous car, ultra-high speed and millions of connected devices become a reality.
You will join Research and Development 5G Software team, responsible for developing software functionalities for the Nokia 5G base stations, ready to be delivered to customers all over the world.
Software Development Mission
You will contribute to the development of software functionalities in our base station product and be involved in the complete development cycle (specifications, coding, testing). In general, in 5G positions, our days are composed of: 20% specification and innovation 40% development 30% interface with internal colleagues 10% up to us to build it together 100% FUN!
You will be part of a Development Unit (around 1300+) among 11 R&D Tribes in different countries& continents. Within your Tribe in Timisoara, you will belong to one of the Squads, each composed of 5-9 people. Your team has objectives to deliver in a sprint (1 month). In an environment where trust and autonomy are encouraged, each team member selects the tasks to work on and exchanges daily with his/her team mates on the progress and difficulties.
Since the beginning of the race towards first position in 5G market, our team has full responsibility for 5G Cloud Control Unit in Timisoara (Requirements, Architecture and Design) and successfully implemented a development environment fully deployed in Cloud.
What does Nokia offer you?
- Competitive salary based on your experience
- Performance, Christmas and Easter bonuses
- Interaction with international teams of software developers, architects, project managers, testers, integrators etc.
- Visibility on latest configuration control technologies, 5G innovating mobile networks, Cloud, shared testing resources
- E-learning platforms such as NokiaEDU, Harvard ManageMentor, LinkedIn Learning etc. at your disposal for technical training and personal development
- Access to Nokia Garage innovation space where you can express your technical creativity and implement new projects with support from local community
- Various certifications
- Events and conferences on technical matters but also on well-being at work and other general-purpose subjects
- Flexible time and teleworking
- 24+ paid days-off
- Sports, Wellness and Culture reimbursement
- Public Transport/Private Parking allowance or bike/electrical scooter reimbursement
- Meal tickets + extra food allowance
- Private health and life insurance
- Kindergarden/after-school reimbursement
- Relocation package for Timisoara non-residents
- One of the highest employee referral bonuses on the market so you can bring your friends too :)
A customized training plan will be proposed at your arrival. During the first months at Nokia you will have support from your manager, team and dedicated buddy and the opportunity to get in touch with 5G technology and our development environment.
- You can prove your knowledge on object-oriented programming (OOP) principles and communicate in English fluently.
- Equally important, you are dedicated to learning, welcome feedback, show flexibility and take initiative.
- Knowledge on Agile methodology, wireless technologies, cloud-computing platforms (OpenStack, Google Kubernetes, Docker, VM).
If you want to take part of this adventure that will shape the future, join us. Apply now!
If you have any questions, reach out to Andra Rugea on LinkedIn.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.