Senior Java Software Engineer
We create impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that result in relevant, memorable and rewarding interactions between brands and consumers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands like Estee Lauder, Groupon, Microsoft, Macy’s, Mozilla, Lululemon, Neiman Marcus, among others. Cognizant Softvision has over 10,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of 20 studios in 11 countries and 5 continents.
In Romania, we have been present since 1998 and we have continuously grown over the years into a powerful team of more than 1800 employees. With Studios in Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Iași, Timișoara, and Baia Mare we embrace both IT professionals with strong software development skills and experience as well as young talented people, willing to learn, to develop their career and oriented towards success.
With a unique approach that helps us deliver sustainable innovation and business transformation for the world’s leading brands improving their digital maturity. We work at the intersection of engineering, design, and strategy, to help our customers create game-changing digital experiences with our client-dedicated teams.
For this position you should be able to check the following:
- Extensive experience with Java back-end programming (Java 8);
- Java Application Stack - Core Java/J2EE/EJB/RESTful WebServices;
- Experience with messaging frameworks, Business Process Modeling and Relational/Non-Relational Databases (e.g. Kafka, Signavio, Drools, MongoDB) is a plus
CI/CD tools experience (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.);
- Linux os knowledge;
- AWS (Docker, Elastic Search, ELB, etc.);
- Good understanding and experience with microservices;
- Experience working in Agile Projects;
- Versatile and quality oriented engineer;
- Passionate, open minded to new technologies;
- Very Good English communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Client facing experience;
- Ability to work in a team.
A day in the life of a Java Engineer:
- Be awesome at building, designing and developing new features from scratch for enterprise grade systems;
- Let your passion express that Java is definitely your cup of tea;
- Artfully create high quality code with performance in mind;
- Be part of a magical team of professionals who loves to learn and analyze the feasibility of new frameworks, platforms or patterns;
- Seek out and push the team to do better. Know your skills, love to share them, know your boundaries and thrive to learn from and with your team;
- Be the person that can handle a consistent number of deployed data bases and takes big data to the next level.