DevOps Engineer Broadway - Trading Platforms
ING is the largest online bank in Europe and a front-runner in the transformation of banking. ING is present in Romania through 2 entities: ING BANK and ING TECH.
ING BANK ROMANIA
Our story in Romania started in 1994. Here we pioneered the local banking industry, bringing new products and services for local companies. In 2004, ING extended services to individual clients, with an innovative banking model: ING Self’Bank.
Today, ING Bank Romania has more than 1.100.000 individual active clients and ING Home’Bank is rated as the best digital banking application.
ING TECH ROMANIA
We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Sharing the purpose of empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and in business, ING decided to open in Bucharest a global hub for technology & innovation in 2015, developing IT solutions in areas such as Core Banking, Global Retail Solutions, Data Management, Financial Markets and Wholesale Banking for ING Group, including ING Bank Romania.
By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 600 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING.
Why join us? Here’s a snapshot of our perks:
• People development • Work from home • Wellbeing programs • Global opportunities • Flexible work schedule • Staff discounts • Agile way of working • Awesome culture • Future-oriented banking.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for passionate IT specialists who love to prevent and solve technical problems regarding stability, capacity, and performance of the system. Important characteristics:
• Deliver on promises while keeping good communication lines with clients and partners
• “Can do" mentality, flexibility and ability to take ownership
• A collaborative approach to solving problems while bringing positive energy to the team
• Ability to give and receive professional feedback
• Relentlessly learn and think in solutions
What you bring to the team:
• Education Bachelor and/or Master level in Computer Science or Finance (or related degree).
• Self-starter, 5+ years of industry experience in IT
• Banking/Financial Markets products/processes knowledge (FX Products, FIX protocol)
• Thorough understanding of, and experience with Windows/Linux, networking, scripting languages (e.g. bash, Python, Perl, PowerShell) and databases (SQL or No SQL or both)
• Experience with managing full-stack vendor packages, and additionally (low latency) infrastructural stack knowledge
• Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
• An excellent spoken and written command of English
Nice to have:
• Hands-on knowledge of monitoring tools (such as Logstash, Kibana, Elastic Search), scheduling tools (e.g. TWS), Tibco Rendezvous, experience with running applications in Docker containers
• Experience with programming languages (C++, C# or Java or any such comparable languages)
ING is looking for driven IT DevOps Engineers to work on the FX and Money Markets trading platforms. The in-house built high-performance pricing systems, together with the vendor-built trading, quoting systems, time-series databases and complex event processing engines are key platforms for the real-time low-latency landscape in scope of the growing Financial Markets domain.
ING is using this environment to connect to a large amount of trading exchanges, worldwide to offer the sharpest pricing quotes and executions to our clients. Therefore these systems are on dedicated infrastructure in special datacenters located in close proximity to the key markets..
With the further digital transformation of pricing and trading, it is an important cornerstone of ING Financial Markets IT. You can be a key asset for ING and an important part of this journey to make it successful with us all.
You work within a multidisciplinary scrum team. Your primary responsibility is guaranteeing the operational stability and availability of our applications at all times.
The range of tasks includes the following:
• You are responsible for supporting a stable, performing and secure platform/service
• You readily deal with incidents and requests raised by our users, but also downstream customers.
• You take ownership of issues and improvements, seeing them through to completion, providing comprehensive handover as required.
• You assist with functional specifications for change requests and testing release stories
• You automate relentlessly: Regression Testing (Functional, Performance, Security)
• Performing Incident, Problem and Change Management, including writing user stories for resolving problems
• Liaise with the vendor about environment updates and upgrades
• Propose opportunities and innovations
• Occasional standby on rotation is required
As part of a DevOps squad, work closely with the Product Owner, business stakeholders and engineers from related teams
Occasional travel abroad (Amsterdam and London ) is required.