Elasticsearch Support Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs Elasticsearch Support Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Our global teams took on the challenge to make a difference in the way the global financial markets operate. Would you seek the same challenge?
The LSE Resiliency Programme is currently carrying out a variety of workstreams aimed at improving operational resiliency within the Capital Markets business area. The workstream relevant to this role is focussing on building out a centralised monitoring and diagnostics capability in Elasticsearch. The goal is to ingest all application logs, alerts, metrics, trading messages into a central repository. This will allow the organisation to consolidate and replace multiple bespoke monitoring tools and to correlate data and apply advanced analytics.
The role is in the Capital Markets Support team and will primarily involve sitting in a DevOps support team providing 2nd line support for Elasticsearch. There will be an initial period where the candidate will join the project team with a focus on the engineering work required to transition the project into live service support. Thereafter it will include participating in on-site shifts, the 24x7 on-call rota and supporting weekend testing according to project requirements.
As an Application Services Support Engineer, you will work closely with your colleagues and your responsibilities will be to:
- Act as an operational SME for Elasticsearch by building, maintaining and upgrading Elasticsearch clusters and components of the Elasticsearch stack
- Provide automation for all deployment and configuration tasks and ensure changes are accurately impact assessed and implemented
- Ensure data is secured according to agreed standards, write and maintain support documentation
- Take ownership of operational live service issues and drive their resolution and reduce the number of recurring technical issues
- Invoke level 3 / vendor support requests, managing their progression and providing input from an operational perspective
- Identify and implement improvements and add into the product backlog
- Provide impacts and implement the crucial changes to the operations architecture toolset
- Impact and build design documents, develop scripts and code for tooling, manage support tickets using ServiceNow and perform architecture reviews
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Metricbeat, Filebeat, Packetbeat
- Python scripting knowledge
- Shell scripting
- DevOps tools experience (e.g. Ansible/Jenkins) and an understanding of CI/CD
- Rest API knowledge, JSON
- GIT version control systems
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
- Share Purchase Plan
- Volunteering Days