IT Software Tester
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
The IT Department of UBISOFT is looking for a Software Tester who will be involved in various project assignments within the Group, ranging from internal projects with corporate clients, to external web needs.
The test typologies you will cover include but are not limited to: integration testing, functional testing, end-to-end testing, and regression testing.
You will be working in a fast paced international environment and gain invaluable knowledge and expertise along the way!
- University graduate - University degree in a relevant field (. Automation and Computer science, Electronics and telecommunication, Informatics);
- Practical experience of at least 3 years in testing
- Good knowledge of the English language, both orally and written. French is a plus
- Good understanding of the product development process
- Knowledge and experience of QA methodologies (Agile - SCRUM)
- Experience with testing and bug reporting tools (JIRA, TestRail)
- Knowledge of webtesting, functionality, usability testing, Mobile Testing is a plus.
- Technical writing experience (test plans, work procedures, user guides etc.)
- General knowledge in the area of software development practices
- Experience with APIs testing
- Knowledge of SQL & MySQL queries is a plus
- Experience with logs (search, sort, filter, identify) is a plus
- Knowledge of SoapUI, JMeter, Postman
- Knowledge of HTML, JS, PHP is a plus
- Knowledge of Automation testing
Desirable personal skills:
- Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written); Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Persuasive and able to stand by own ideas
- Able to prioritize tickets based on the business needs
- Analysis and synthesis abilities
- Attention to details, persistence, “test to break” attitude
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously; able to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Autonomy, ability to work with minimal guidance
- Open to changes and self-improvement
- Creativity, initiative, curiosity.
- Evaluate and test new or modified products and applications, to verify that they function according to user requirements and to established guidelines.
- Review requirements and develop test cases based on those requirements; Create, update and execute test plans and test cases.
- Work proactively in coordination with the development team for the troubleshooting and resolving of issues in a timely manner.
- Present ideas on system improvements based on hands on experience.
- Thoroughly report test results and manage follow up including fix verification, updating bug tracking database etc.
- Contribute to the design, documentation, implementation and maintenance of test environments and test systems and processes.
- Contribute to the project hand-over to the support and operations teams.
Benefits that you can enjoy
- training and development programs, to expand your mind.
- a bi-yearly bonus, because we respect performance.
- private medical services & on-site doctor, because we value your health.
- facility in accessing private medical services for family & friends, because we know those around you matter.
- gaming corners, snooker, ping pong, a cool gym, massages, weekly football, aikido/kickbox/yoga/aerobics classes, because we care about you being relaxed and having fun.
- all the Ubisoft games you’d like to play, free access.
- extra vacation days, health & life insurance, private pension and international mobility, - based on seniority, because we actually appreciate you being part of our teams.
- bikes to borrow, for free rides.
- parties, gaming competitions, office events, UBITedx because they’re just fun.