General Accountant Team Lead
Schlumberger is looking for innovators to shape the future of energy. If you share our passion for discovery, we’ll give you the platform to turn it into real impact. If you want to discover what you can do next, then this is the place for you. Are you looking for a challenging career move in Finance? We invite you to learn more about the open positions that the Schlumberger Bucharest Financial Hub has to offer! We opened our Bucharest Financial Hub in 2012 and it is currently our biggest hub in the Romanian capital. Our Schlumberger Financial Hubs are centers of excellence that encourage curious and talented people to develop in a dynamic environment, helping them build successful careers in order to achieve their full potential. Does this sound like the ideal next step in your career? If so, then learn about the opportunities our Bucharest Financial Hub has to offer. Join the winning team at Schlumberger.
The GA Team Lead is responsible to oversee the operations of Bucharest Financial Hub – General Accounting Team which provides day to day and month end close accounting support for Schlumberger entities, to review and assess the teams responsibilities on a weekly basis and adjust the team’s tasks depending on the workload, to provide feedback, coaching, training and guidance to the coordinated team, to take mentoring role, to challenge and develop employees by setting objectives aligned with Company’s goals.
- Responsible to oversee the operations of the team which provides day to day and month end close accounting support;
- Responsible in conducting processes transfer from locations to the Hub;
- Analyzing actual results to reconcile financial accounts, taking responsibility for all balances and resolution of queries;
- Responsible for best practice research, recommendations and implementations;
- Working with country finance and business partners for process improvements & efficiencies;
- Review and assess the team responsibilities and adjust the tasks depending on the workload;
- Assists with hiring processes and new team member training;
- Provide and listen to team members feedback, offer coaching, training and guidance to the coordinated team;
- Take mentoring role, challenge and develop employees by setting objectives aligned with Company’s goals;
- Lead by setting a good example and act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration;
- Responsibility for QCC Controls to be met;
- Responsibility for coordination and execution of Internal and External Audit requirements.
- In-depth accounting knowledge;
- Economic background;
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor;
- Process improvement oriented;
- Excellent communication and leadership skills;
- Organizational, time-management, decision-making skills;
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment;
- Proactive behavior;
- Transition experience will be considered a plus;
- Good PC skills, especially MS Excel;
- SAP experience will be considered a plus.
Feel free to apply here!