IT PLATFORM ENGINEER
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs P&G active
View all jobs IT PLATFORM ENGINEER active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internet - eCommerce active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
This role is part of the GBS Manufacturing Services organization and in the IT function. This role reports to the GBS Manufacturing Services IT Platform Owner. The Platform Engineer is specialized in the Manufacturing Services Platforms (e.g., Proficy) and related Application Components for that platform. For the given scope the Engineer establishes the right design, leads the engineering work, owns change management and acts as an escalation point for Operations.
Key Responsibilities / Activities Key Responsibilities of the Platform Engineer
- Platform Engineers work with Application Engineers to define technical feasibility to meet the required business needs.
- Lead the platform change management and “evergreen” strategy.
- Work directly with the primary software providers in driving P&G innovation needs, and leverageing new capabilities delivered by releases of the software.
- Ensures the proper versions, patches, and hotfixes are applied to address known issues and capability gaps
- Ensures the innovation designs for a specific platform/application/solution are technically consistent, are leveraging common objects/configurations where possible, are preventing unneeded custom programming, and are properly leveraging the platform components.
- Accountable for approval of all change requests that require changes to the underlying technologies or software applications
- Level 4 support escalation – ownership of Problem tickets and accountable for their resolution
- Ensures the platform is capable of supporting new solutions, increase the functionality of existing solutions, increase the data growth, or any other changes that could increase the processing or storage requirements of the platform.
- Ensure proper licenses are maintained for service tools (MSDN, JAVA, ETC) and service platforms (Proficy, SQL Server, Windows Server, etc).
- Manages the Development Lab and training lab environment. Manages requests for new development and testing environments, ensures the environments are available for the development/testing teams and the training environment is setup to support a specific training course. Accountable for ensuring the underlying infrastructure is properly functioning, capable of delivering projected requests, and fully supported by appropriate contractors.
- Responsible for the health and management of the tools to monitor the health of the production infrastructure. Ensures the alerts are propertly routed to the support team/organization responsible for resolution. Provides escalation capabilities to address outstanding issues. Owns driving resolution of issues.
- Platform Engineers report to the Platform Owner
- Platform enginers work closely with:
- Application Engineers
- Service Operations
- MES Platform Help desk personnel
- Service, Platform and Application Architects
- Primary Software providers (i.e. GE Digital, SAP)
- GE Digital - Proficy MES Suite
- Kepware (GE Digital - Industrial Gateway Server)
- GE Digital iFix
- Microsoft SQL Server / SQL HA
- Microsoft Windows Server OS
- VMware vRealize/vSphere suite
- Microsoft .NET Core/Framework
- C# / Microsoft Visual Studio