Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Manual)
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services. Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of €4.4billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
In our specific business unit, Wolters Kluwer Governance, Risk and Compliance we possess deep insight into the industry, providing governance, risk and compliance programs and solutions to more than 15,000 financial services organizations worldwide. More than 400 in-house experts - former regulators and compliance officers, risk analysts, lawyers and financial industry specialists – embed their knowledge and expertise in every service or solution so that financial organizations can be confident they are managing their organization's Finance, Risk and Regulation needs effectively. Despite rapidly changing industry conditions, financial organizations can rest assured knowing that Wolters Kluwer is able to invest and quickly respond to market needs, with financial stability for the long term.
• Education: University or college degree preferably in a technical field
• Experience in creating test cases and test plans based on project requirements and scope
• Previous exposure of working in a fast paced development and delivery organization
• Organized and capable to work on multiple tasks efficiently
• Demonstrated ability to use analytical skills
• Working autonomously: setting tasks and direction under limited supervision
• Experience with bug tracking tools
• Basic knowledge of databases and query languages
• Good communication skills in a multicultural environment
• Fast learner
• Fluent in English
Nice to have competencies
• ISTQB Certification
• Basic working knowledge with Eclipse, TeamCity
• JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint
• Support the Product Development teams to maximize quality for customer experience
• Own processes and best-practices on the following topics:
bug/defect tracking and reporting
o Maintain and develop test cases and test scenarios
o Test infrastructure: use the internal JIRA test infrastructure and the different build configurations which will be available in TeamCity
o Non-functional testing process: build up knowledge of the performance, load and stress testing processes to ensure performance tests can be executed by the teams.
o Test data process: effectively manage test data for various purposes, including customer data.
• Create test plans based on the project scope and prioritize test cases to be run for a release.
• Manage test environments
• Work as part of a team to define and scope user scenarios
• Work in a fast-paced Agile scrum team on all phases of the software development lifecycle
• Report, document and inform upon any issues that may impact the product development lifecycle
• Work together with different departments of the company
As a well-established player in the financial regulatory space, Wolters Kluwer Financial Services is developing technology solutions used by financial institutions worldwide to do their regulatory filings.
The goal of the current project is to create a development tool which is an Eclipse based, integrated development environment build on top of Wolters Kluwer Domain Specific Languages (DSL) for defining business logic for the finance and regulatory reporting domain. The purpose of the tool is to offer support for Wolters Kluwer DSL end-users. It is build to support development using WKFS DSLs, but also around the concept of executing a workflow.
We use agile and lean software development processes that include continuous integration, automated testing and code review.