Senior Networking engineer (LAN/WAN)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Connect 44 active
View all jobs Senior Networking engineer (LAN/WAN) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
Connect44 was founded in the heart of Switzerland. Our goal was to support Telecom Operators and Equipment Manufacturers to design, manage and Optimise Mobile Networks. Starting with some of the first 2G voice networks, we began to grow our team of professionals to equip ourselves for new projects with new technologies and new ways of working. Investing substantial amounts of our budget on training, we started to move into 3G then 4G. Soon came the changes to IP networks, VOIP and preparing networks for large amounts of data by modernisation of old analogue networks to the digital standards. Over the past years Connect44 has steadily developed key longterm partnerships with its clients in many European countries with offices in Switzerland, UK, Germany, France, Romania and Chile.Requirements
• Familiar with supporting routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, vpn devices. Cross domain knowledge (virtualization, storage, Linux, etc.) is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications or Computer Science;
• At least 5 years of experience in the IT industry and 3 years of experience working with
Network devices (Cisco, Juniper, Huawei, Fortinet, F5). Relevant IT operations experience is considered a plus.
• Work experience with Fortinet firewalls.
• Cisco ACI knowledge is a plus.
• Good knowledge in working with network monitoring and configuration tools, IP management tools
• Experience in complex, large-scale enterprise IT infrastructures with hands on
• Experience in designing and implementing complex multi-layer enterprise LAN/WAN networks
• Advanced experience in documenting and maintaining documentation of complex
networks; Microsoft Visio knowledge is a must.
• Advanced hand-on experience in troubleshooting and debugging network related issues using CLI, GUI and log analysis tools.
• Preferably Cisco CCNP level of certification (is considered a plus)
• Familiar with ITIL key processes like incident, change, problem, capacity management;
• Excellent communication skills and team player;
• Fluent English communication skills: verbal and writing;
• Provide a 24x7 service supervision through on call by rotation schedule;
• Availability of international travel for training and knowledge transfer of customers.ng and knowledge transfer of customers – 1 month / year on average.
• Implement network changes based on requests.
• Ensure infrastructure related incidents are resolved efficiently and in a timely manner in compliance with Service Level Agreements. Assist in ensuring the prompt resolution of escalated faults and requests from the service desk or service owners;
• Maintain relationships with third-party vendors and ensure that agreed SLAs are achieved;
• Assist in setting up and maintaining network management system tools to ensure network devices are constantly monitored;
• Assist in setting up and executing technical test plans for device modification, new deployment and upgrades, failover tests.
• Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of escalated issues and resolution status (a detailed maintenance schedule).
• Monitor infrastructure performance and recommend adjustments to ensure optimal response time.
• Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required;
• Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports;
• IP address management;
• Maintain security and data integrity according to the Internal Policies.
• Implement and support audit and compliance regulations as per requirements.