PLC Sinumerik Software Developer - Business Trip Oberkochen / Germany min 3 months/ year
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, (NYSE: DXC), is a digital strategy and software engineering firm providing bespoke technology solutions that drive business change for customers the world over. Luxoft uses technology to enable business transformation, enhance customer experiences, and boost operational efficiency through its strategy, consulting, and engineering services. Luxoft combines a unique blend of engineering excellence and deep industry expertise, specializing in automotive, financial services, travel and hospitality, healthcare, life sciences, media and telecommunications. Luxoft is well known for its consistent high level of delivery and complex project management, its premier digital engineering talent, exceptional client focus, and agility, creativity, and remarkable problem-solving capabilities.
Job Requirements Sinumerik Expert
• Knowledge of Sinumerik 840D
• Knowledge of safety programming (machine safety) is required
• A minimum of 5 years' experience at integrating solutions using earlier mentioned systems made by third parties is required
• Basic knowledge of Siemens Simatic HMI systems is preferred
• Pro-active, decisive, takes ownership
• Strong communicator with a pragmatic attitude.
• Real team player with quality orientation.
• Good knowledge of English
Nice-to-Have Skills:German language, but it is optional
About the Project: Building metrology equipment for precision measurements for optical systems. The project scope is designing and implementing the PLC software that will control the mechatronics of the metrology equipment.
Our team: the team will be part of a larger team that is working for our client that is a leader in Integrated Circuits Lithography domain
Technologies used: PLC Siemens S7 1500, Simatic, Sinumerik
Opportunities: travel in The Netherlands and Germany for integration and deployment
Works in close co-operation with ASML and ZEISS colleagues from various other disciplines (software, mechatronics, electronics). The project consists of the development of PLC software and documentation for a Siemens S7 PLC that controls the MMDC system and interfaces with a Siemens S7 PLC running a test sequence for the Metrology tool at Zeiss.
The PLC software engineer is responsible for creating clear specifications, making efficient design choices and to 'make it happen' by also implementing the design. Customer satisfaction is the number one driver for ASML and thus for every software engineer.
The implementation is done on Siemens S7 PLC platform (via TIA portal). There is a framework already designed, only the low-level implementation needs to be implemented.
The candidate needs to be familiar with the S7 platform and able to implement what the architect has designed.
There will be regular business trips to Oberkochen / Germany that over the course of a year do not exceed 50% of working time. Trip period and frequency depend on the employee's ability to communicate efficiently remotely and are established in an agreement between the employee and the client.
Reasons to join us
• Attractive salary and benefits package
• We invest into your professional training including business domain knowledge, and allow you to grow your professional career.
• We encourage creative-thinking into an open-minded work environment. Frequently the relaxation rooms are the place where the most ambitions ideas are born.
• We are not just professional teams, we are also friends that have fun working together
If you are an active person and you feel motivated by the creation/development of the software solutions, then this is the place to be, you will not get bored.