Backend Web Developer (PHP with Laravel). Apply if you hate Evil Corp.
We develop apps that can turn into beautiful unicorns.
Started in 2010, UPDIVISION is a software development company that keeps on growing. We're a diverse team of brilliant programmers and creative makers. Together we take ideas and turn them into mobile and web apps that disrupt entire industries.
We know how to deliver globally (4 continents & 12 countries so far) and we are always at the cutting edge of technology
[Remote or In-Office] We’re hiring three PHP developers who love Laravel and hate working in a stiff corporate environment. We offer a cool and flexible workplace where your work matters and you contribute to apps that improve lives. So if you want to develop yourself and develop innovative web apps for our clients in Silicon Valley, Berlin, London and Melbourne, you’re the person we’re looking for.
You will get a chance to build and integrate challenging APIs for custom software projects. From social networks and payment gateways to blockchain platforms and fleet management ERPs. We`re looking for the best people and we're offering in return the best kind of environment: boredom-free.
We`re big on personality and values. So, you better be:
- Passionate about programming – you`re always up to speed with what's happening in the field;
- Ambitious – you don't want to be good at programming, you want to be great;
- Teamplayer – you enjoy coming up with solutions together with colleagues;
- Fun :)
As a PHP Developer (Laravel) you need to have:
- Very good knowledge of OOP programming;
- Good knowledge of PHP and MySQL;
- Minimum 2 years working with Laravel;
- Experience working with MVC architecture (Laravel framework);
- Intermediate knowledge of consuming and creating RESTfull APIs;
- Experience with JWT and OAuth authentication systems
- Experience in using Git version-control system;
- Intermediate spoken and written English.
These are nice-to-haves:
- Experience with acceptance/functional/unit testing;
- Experience with Postman/Swagger;
- Experience with GitFlow;
- Experience deploying on AWS/Google Cloud Platform/Digital Ocean.
This is what you are going to do:
- Write clean, commented code;
- Research the best technical solutions;
- Consult with the CTO and the development team to implement the best technical solutions;
- Write specs for apps or new modules;
- Estimate tasks and stick with self-imposed deadlines;
- Attend SCRUM meetings.
Why you should work at UPDIVISION:
- The salary will match your experience and skills;
- We created a fun and flexible working environment (no absurd rules here), complete with super cool colleagues and nutritious snacks;
- Ultra flexible working program, including work from home when needed;
- You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most intelligent people on 4 continents, trying to change the world;
- Our office is in the centre of Bucharest (between Universitate and Piata Romana metro stations).