Java Developer & SAP
The Bucharest Office is one of AG’s IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data warehouse, System Engineering, QA Automation Engineering, Web & Mobile Development arias.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Business Administration.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
• 2-3 years’ experience in information technology;
• Java web based development frameworks;
• Web services (EJB);
• Enterprise knowledge: web app server (SAP app server, IBM Web sphere, Oracle);
• Data base knowledge – Oracle (IBM DB2);
• Experienced with all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
Nice to have:
• Experience in SAP BPM & BRM, Web Dynpro JAVA, EJB, Web & Data Services and Hibernate development projects (in house training for Web Dynpro if need it);
• Experience in development and maintenance of projects in SAP NW Portal & CE 7.4, SAP NWDI 7.4, NWDS & DB2;
• Hands on development in SAP composition environment of Modeling & Managing Business Processes & Rules, Service Interfaces & Service Groups Configuration, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Management;
• Technical expertise in Portal Apps Development and their Administration (System, Content & User), Web Dynpro Java, Visual Composer;
• Experience in trouble shooting and developing apps in SAP Knowledge Management & Collaboration;
• Experience in configuring and developing SAP Portal for MDM and using MDM APIs to read and update data into MDM using custom programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to understand the business needs and deliver prompt, efficient, quality service to the business; works to anticipate, identify and meet end-user needs; drives outward results and ensures high-quality standards are met;
• Ability to apply different strategies to convince others to change their opinion or plan, and wins support from others for ideas; is able to build support with peers without direct lines or reporting across a matrix organization;
• Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships;
• Ability to cross train in other Java or non Java technologies that are applied for different kind of solutions that meet business requirements and help improving business process efficiency;
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and provide effective problem solving and communication skills;
• Experince working with on/off shore application support and project resources and teams.
Essential Duties & Responsabilities:
• Serve as a subject matter expert on content, processes & procedures associated with SAP Java Developer tools;
• Provide technical solutions to end user incidents and problems;
• Work closely with Application Support leaders to identify root cause problems and solutions to reduce incidents and drive down overall application support costs;
• Develop and/or enhance systems to meet business partner requirements;
• Develop, prototype, test & implement solution improvements to increase stability, usability and functionality to enable end users to meet business objectives;
• Articulate vision, selection criteria, and rationale for preferred solution during projects/process change reviews;
• Collaborate with representatives of other SAP functional areas and legacy systems to ensure end to end process integration and consistency;
• Identify opportunities to enhance existing business operations using new SAP functions as a replacement of legacy systems and manual effort.
This position will be a member of the AGDigital SAP Application Support Services team, reporting to the SAP Application Support Lead. This individual: will lead the support and small-scale enhancement work for our SAP Java WebdynPro, CE and Portal application portfolio; will also be responsible for working with our Application Architects to develop our future state SAP Java roadmap, utilizing tools and technologies such as HTML5 and SAP Fiori. This role will work closely with cross-functional IT peers & business partners to understand business and technical problems and provide quality support. Occasionally, the individual will partner with IT peers and business partners to understand business priorities, gather requirements, and design and develop solutions to meet business objectives.
• Work will be conducted primarily at Bucharest, Romania office location. Some travel may be necessary (to whq, plants, subsidiaries, conferences, external meetings etc.) but likely not more than 10% of the time.
About AMERICAN GREETINGS
American Greetings is a creator and manufacturer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships to create Happiness, Laughter and Love.
American Greetings’ major greeting card lines are American Greetings, Carlton Cards, Gibson, Recycled Paper Greetings and Papyrus. We also own large web collections of greetings on the Web.
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, American Greetings has offices worldwide in Canada, UK - Europe, Australia, Asia and generates annual revenue of approximately $ 1.9 billion.
The Bucharest Office is one of AG’s IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data Warehouse, System Engineering, QA Automation Engineering, Web & Mobile Development arias.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms:
• Data Warehouse (Oracle, SQL, Informatica, Teradata, ETL, Unix/Shell Scripting, QlikView);
• QA (Avalanche, JMeter, Selenium);
• System Admin (Linux, Microsoft Windows - Active Directory, Exchange 2010, VM-Ware);
• Creativity - Web Design, Adobe Illustrator;
Join US, and you’ll discover a place where work becomes fun! We are in Cotroceni Business Center – close to Politechnica University and AFI Mall.
To know us better, please access our web pages: