DevOps Developer - partial relocation to Eindhoven
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, (NYSE: DXC), is a digital strategy and software engineering firm providing bespoke technology solutions that drive business change for customers the world over. Luxoft uses technology to enable business transformation, enhance customer experiences, and boost operational efficiency through its strategy, consulting, and engineering services. Luxoft combines a unique blend of engineering excellence and deep industry expertise, specializing in automotive, financial services, travel and hospitality, healthcare, life sciences, media and telecommunications. Luxoft is well known for its consistent high level of delivery and complex project management, its premier digital engineering talent, exceptional client focus, and agility, creativity, and remarkable problem-solving capabilities.
• Linux (RHEL 6/7, bash, YUM, etc.)
• Virtualize (VMWare, VirtualBox)
• Configuration management (Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant)
• Git, Bitbucket/Bamboo
• Reverse proxy/load-balancing (Haproxy)
• Basic networking (DNS, firewall, iptables, routing, VLAN L2 switching)
• General knowledge about DB (SQL, MongoDB, Oracle)
• Application performance management (APM) tools – Nagios, Splunk, etc.
Nice to have skills:
• Docker image creation/installation/management
• Kubernetes/OpenShift administration
The client has an installed base of hundreds of scanner systems worldwide. In order to meet up time contract agreements, the system downtime must be kept to an absolute minimum. The traditional way to diagnose a system failure is to send engineers to a failing machine and let them execute the diagnostics and calibration procedures using a set of procedures and software tools.
This way-of-working introduces travel time and relies on the skills of individual engineers.
The client is about to change that way of working by introducing a server on-site that continuously y monitors all scanners in a customer domain. The server must detect (upcoming) system failure and identify what corrective actions are needed via a knowledge and procedure database. In the calibration phase, this server will initiate the required service actions on the scanner with correct settings and timings (which is highly configuration dependent).
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Support the architects in the translation from high-level design to work-break down.
• Writing and updating detailed Element Design Specification Documents
• Code development in shell and Python
• Define test strategies and if needed execution of software tests, set-up (automated) testing.
Work is based in Luxoft/Bucharest but by rotation, team members need to be present in Netherlands/Eindhoven for on-site work 50% of the time.
• Responsible for the correct operation of the Diagnostic Test systems.
• Take care of field upgrades of all the diagnostic tooling
• Configuration management
• Reservation management of test systems
Reasons to join us
• Attractive salary and benefits package
• We invest into your professional training including business domain knowledge, and allow you to grow your professional career.
• We encourage creative-thinking into an open-minded work environment. Frequently the relaxation rooms are the place where the most ambitions ideas are born.
• We are not just professional teams, we are also friends that have fun working together
If you are an active person and you feel motivated by the creation/development of the software solutions, then this is the place to be, you will not get bored.