REMOTE Software Development Manager
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Brainspotting active
View all jobs REMOTE Software Development Manager active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
We’ll be using the latest development frameworks, including Microsoft .NET Core 3.1 and functional React at the front-end. Fully containerized Microsoft .NET Core microservices (hosted on Linux in the Azure cloud) will support the functionality of the solution.
We’ll be making extensive use of the fastest and most scalable NoSQL database solutions and object stores in the cloud. Future phases of the project will also incorporate Data Lake, Machine Learning and AI technologies in support of the human risk intelligence elements of the offering.
The solution will be hosted in the Microsoft Azure cloud, using a combination of cloud native services with web applications, services and APIs running in containers.
What You’ll Need
· Minimum 5 years experience of managing highly agile development teams.
· Development or otherwise highly technical background, with an up-to-date understanding of modern cloud-native technological solutions.
· Working familiarity with either the Azure, AWS or Google cloud.
· Excellent communication skills and comfortable dealing with both senior level executives and clients.
· The ability to gather and analyse requirements at both a high and low level and communicate these in an effective manner to the development team and stakeholders.
· Proven ability to proactively manage risks and issues, reaching solutions through formal and informal channels, securing effective outcomes.
· An ability to build project plans through the whole project lifecycle considering resource constraints.
· Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills with an ability to talk to developers on their level.
· A willingness and ability to travel (mostly to Romania or UK) to on-board new staff and attend occasional company meetings.
· A real desire for success and the willingness to go the extra mile.
We are a modern company and are seeking to put in place a remote-first, highly agile approach to development. We will be using some of the latest online interactive collaboration and video conferencing tools in place of traditional face-to-face meetings. We will therefore be able to bring together experienced development resources from across Europe.
Working in this manner allows us to be flexible, move very fast and operate with low overheads, but to be a real success we need to introduce some fundamental processes and key working procedures upfront.
Your role is to rapidly build this multi-disciplinary remote team in a very short timescale, put in place working processes and then manage the team, the product delivery schedule and product quality.
You will be reporting to the Head of Engineering and working very closely with the Chief Product & Data Officer and the rest of the senior executive team to deliver against the product roadmap.
To be successful, you must have significant and relevant experience and will have proven technical, project and managerial skills supported by a history of delivering solutions to quality, time and budget. You will also have considerable experience of managing and mentoring highly agile development teams.
In Return You’ll Receive
· Substantial share options package - a rare opportunity to get in early and have a stake in what could potentially be a unicorn start-up, with a huge financial payback
· Flexible remote working
· Private healthcare insurance
· 25 days of holiday + national holidays
· A greenfield opportunity to build a brand new, modern agile development team
· An opportunity to work with some of the most modern and leading-edge cloud-based technologies available, and closely working with top experts in the industry
· Great start-up culture in a fun, friendly and hardworking team
We’re a team of cyber security experts, psychologists, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough technology and machine learning to identify, understand, measure and manage human risk in enterprise environments.
London is our company HQ and home to not only commercial teams, but also our incredible product leadership team. Our HQ serves as both a commercial gateway to our customers across EMEA from where we build our base to expand across the globe. Our Engineering and Product Development teams are remote-first, mainly based in the UK and Romania.
Having found early traction for our category-defining human risk intelligence SaaS platform (MVP), we are now looking for an exceptional Senior Business Development Manager to help build an innovative, new SaaS solution to be used by large multi-national corporations across the globe, with a potential user population growing well into the millions. We are seeking a talented and highly experienced development manager to help ensure this becomes a reality.
This is a greenfield opportunity targeting some of the most advanced cloud-based technologies and frameworks currently available.