Java Software Developer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs IHS Markit active
View all jobs Java Software Developer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internet - eCommerce active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
This Java developer will be a part of the Environmental team based across 3 main locations NY, London and India. The developer is required to develop and support the services being developed. The role involves hands on development and support of the systems, working with distributed team. Good understanding of finance domain will be a plus. The role will require collaboration with key business and operations sponsors to ensure timely and quality delivery of software change across the ESG platform.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Work with the team to design, develop and maintain various pricing systems.
- Responsible for timely and Quality delivery.
- Support the Production, Simulation, QA and Development environments.
- Drive innovation and adaption of best practices
- Be able to maintain and support all areas of the application.
- Work with Business Analysts to develop product specifications
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 4-6 years of technical experience and platform knowledge, including some or all of:
- Strong proficiency in Java is must.
- Good to have: exposure with any of the following languages: Python, Scala, Ruby, C#, Go, C++, NodeJs
- Should have exposure to multiple frameworks. Following is an indicative list: Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Jersey, Swagger, Lucene, Hazelcast , Jaxb, RxJava
- Sound knowledge of RESTful principles. Understanding of Micro services is advantageous.
- Emphasize testability though JUnits, Mocking Frameworks, TDD, BDD
- Docker, GIT, Maven, Gradle, SVN, Jenkins
- Knowledge of any one Cloud systems like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Rackspace
- Good to have: Knowledge of Provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet, Salt or Ansible Openshift
- RDBMS Systems: MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostGres
- Knowledge of any one NoSQL systems. Indicative list: MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Neo4J, Elastic Search, Aerospike, HBase
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodology (Scrum) and industry best
- Thorough understanding of fundamental software engineering and computer science principles
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Displays energy, drive and stamina.
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
- Focused on delivery.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational, written and verbal skills
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to project priorities and processes and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (Pool Table, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- Parking Place