Equities Software Development Director
The IHS Markit Financial Services business group deliver data, insight and software that combine our unparalleled expertise, unique content sets and leading technology to the benefit of our clients. In this role, you will build and manage a team of talented engineers contributing to key parts of the Financial Services Equities platform. You will be an instrumental member of our unique, people first culture, where your blend of collaboration, technical prowess, cross functional interactions, team mentorship, and overall problem solving will be relied upon to lead your teams towards continual improvement in software engineering excellence.
You’ll bring a combination of expertise in hiring in the local Bucharest software engineering market, an understanding of building cloud-based software products, experience working with US and Asia based companies as a geographically extended portion of the team and are skilled at driving high efficiency engineering teams using Agile methodology. You and your teams will own the technology evolution of the products you work on, partnering with business facing Product Owners across the firm.
- Directly manage and mentor teams of software professionals, growing members through technical and career advancement to consistently up-level the team performance.
- Drive your team through successful and efficient execution of projects, while continuously staying focused on improving efficiency, quality and maintaining our people driven culture.
- Coordinate with US and Asia based company peers spanning Product Management, CTO, Data Science, UX, and Executive leaders to ensure the right things are being done at the right time and in the right way.
- Contribute your experience and thought leadership related to running an engineering team to help determine the right mix of work and projects for your team to own.
Education and experience:
- 10+ years’ overall experience professionally developing software products.
- Executes on technology strategies and design- hands on and through delegation.
- Have directly supervised and mentored software development teams.
- Demonstrated success leading projects in dynamic, fast moving environments.
- Solid experience in delivering software in an Agile framework.
- Skills in growing Engineering staff from recruitment through onboarding through ensuring that the individuals on your team are expanding their own skills.
- Cloud/SaaS/Web Services development, using SOA/microservices architectures
- Experienced with hands on full stack development in progressive stacks, such as C#, Python, Java, Scala, Angular
- Deep understanding of RDBMS, SQL and NoSQL alternatives
- Familiarity with building on and deploying containerized services to 3rd party platforms such as AWS
- Knowledge applying a test-driven CI/CD framework and culture at a team level
- A background with Big Data driven analysis and productization
- The ability to break down and drive solutions to technical problems as they arise
- Capacity planning and scalability
- Availability management and understanding of costs vs benefits of building highly reliable systems
- Desire to drive a team to learn and grow AWS knowledge and skills
- Understanding and knowledge of the WSO business and the Loans Franchise
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure management systems
- Solid understanding of networking and distributed computing concepts
- Advanced experience deploying infrastructure and virtualization networks
- Strategically focused, and experienced in developing multi-year strategies and roadmaps that drive execution and results
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Work from home on occasion & flexible working hours
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool tennis, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, coffee, tea, chocolate