Java Developer - DLT Platform
The Developer is required to develop and support the new DLT services as a part of shared services platform.
The role involves hands on development and support of the systems, working with distributed team. Good understanding of current Blockchain technologies (particularly Ethereum) and a knowledge of the finance domain will be a plus.
Duties & accountability
- Responsible for timely and Quality delivery.
- Support the Production, Simulation, QA and Development environments.
- Work as a part of the team to design, develop and support the DLT service.
- Develop tools to support and optimize the development and deployment of the DLT platform.
- Work with testers to ensure the right test coverage is achieved for a release, from unit to acceptance test level.
- Follow and adopt best practices.
Education and experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
- 4+ years of development experience building java based systems preferably in a financial environment.
- Should have excellent knowledge of Java as well as working knowledge of Node JS. Should have experience working on server system systems developed using Spring Boot and Node JS.
- Experience with Go will be a plus.
- Experience with one or more of Linux, Docker, AWS, DevOp will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Blockchain / DLT technologies such as Ethereum, Hyperledger would be a plus.
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Commercial awareness - Understanding of basic financial market terminology is desirable but not essential.
- Personal impact
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Displays energy, drive and stamina.
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
- Focused on delivery.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team.
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate