Mid/Senior Java Engineer in Fintech
At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world’s largest industries we leverage technology and data science, to provide the insights, perspectives and data to help our customers make more informed decisions, driving growth, performance and efficiency.
With offices in London, Bucharest, North America and Asia, our team is a global one with a strong development culture and a passion for applying cutting edge technology to solve complex technical problems
Java developer working on new product in the risk management space in Portfolio Valuations. Portfolio Valuations is a fully hosted service that provides independent post-trade OTC derivative valuations to buy-side firms using established valuation methodologies, quantitative techniques and industry standard models.
This is a performance critical application in active development, used to calculate risk metrics on our parallel processing grid architecture.
You will be working with a product team of quantitative business analysts to deliver features and fix bugs, in an Agile environment.
We work in distributed teams, use full Scrum, including daily scrum meetings in the afternoon, bi-weekly sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives. We use JIRA to track our stories and Gitlab to maintain our code source repositories.
As well as delivering software of high quality, you’ll work towards the team’s goals of high test-coverage, automated and frequent deployment and regular cycles of code delivery, testing and feedback.
You’ll be expected to act as a senior developer, providing guidance and mentoring.
What We Offer
- Quiet, modern, open space offices near Aurel Vlaicu metro station, across Promenada Mall
- Attractive benefits package (medical services, discounts for gyms, meal vouchers)
- Ongoing education (Participation in conferences and trainings)
- Comfortable work/life balance: Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
- Reading room
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- Parking Place
- An opportunity to gain exposure to our extensive library of industry standard pricing models
You will attend two technical interviews, one on site and one remote at an hour at your discretion. We always give feedback on your interviews.
Your Education And Experience
- Degree in computer science or numerate discipline, or equivalent background
- Professional experience working on Java platforms for at least 4 years
- Comfortable working with complex applications
- Strong algorithmic background
- Spring knowledge
- SQL relational database skills
- Comfortable working with both UNIX/Linux and Windows environments
- Experience providing architectural guidance and mentoring others
- Financial services or data feeds experience
- Grid computation
- Apache Ignite
- Distributed applications
- Multithreading and performance
- Apache CXF Web services
- JMS, Message Queues