Senior Credit Analyst - 1060497
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, our ideas propel our world faster. We’re an industry-leading technology company. And we’re accelerating everything we do. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, our technology and services help transform our customers around the world to become more efficient, more productive and more secure. They enable our customers to go further. And our employees to develop, learn and advance their careers. Ready to change the world? No one’s doing it faster.
Mission: We help customers use technology to slash the time it takes to turn ideas into value. In turn, they transform industries, markets and lives.
Some of our customers run traditional IT environments. Most are transitioning to a secure, cloud-enabled, mobile-friendly infrastructure. Many rely on a combination of both. Wherever they are in that journey, we provide the technology and solutions to help them succeed.
Education and Experience Required:
• University degree with a focus in Accounting and Finance.
• 4-6 years of experience in financial analysis and the use of credit risk mitigation tools.
• 2 years of relevant experience with working directly with strategic Customers
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong written and verbal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong understanding of credit and collection processes, financial concepts and risk mitigation tools.
• Strong leadership skills
• Attention to details
• Strong understanding of HPE’s business units and the different products/services provided.
• Strong prioritization skills.
• Strong relationship building skills.
• Strong influencing skills.
• Strong knowledge of the economic and political environment.
• Strong project management skills.
• Basic understanding of HPE’s order management process.
• Fluent in English; other common languages as needed based on a portfolio basis
Senior Credit Analyst
Ensures that the company converts revenue to cash by determining appropriate credit levels and collecting accounts receivable. Manages credit and collection processes, ensures compliance with company policy and legal requirements, assures process quality, and provides training and support. Analyzes customer´s financial condition to determine credit limit and risk rating. Maintains on-going relationships with high-value customers and sales organizations.
• Develop strong relationships with Customer’s Senior Finance Leaders and become an effective liaison for business teams and customers/partners on credit and collections-related matters. May pay visit to customers.
• Collaborate with internal business partners (Sales, Business Unit Finance, Operations, Legal...) representing associated CoE staff/credit and collection organisation in order to calibrate a feasible credit limit based on customers’ sales demands while balancing the creditworthiness and riskiness of the customer.
• Offer support for month end/quarter end/ fiscal year end closure
• Contribute to C&C forums, such as pre-family, family, cash basis/bad debt watch list meetings etc. Report risky accounts and provide visibility regarding the riskiness of the account and any risk-mitigating actions.
Leader attributes and behaviours:
• Proactively involved in projects with impact within and outside the C&C organization. Deliver the best solutions on the organization’s processes and system enhancements leading to more efficiency.
• Provide thorough coaching and mentoring to junior team members including trainings. May provide performance feedback for team members.
• Produce a business case that justifies the inclusion of customers on High Risk Accounts List. May handle this task on behalf of the entire team. May lead meetings for High Risk Accounts for a specific region.
• Ensure due diligence is taken for all customers in order to mitigate risk, including the analysis of financial statements, deal/contract terms and conditions which deviate from company’s standards.
• Monitor existing security instruments. Ensure they are renewed in a timely fashion and comply with company’s standard language and offer support to junior staff in all security related matters. May monitor securities on behalf of the entire team.
• Stay abreast on country, industry, and company-related material changes that may have an impact on the credit worthiness or relevant changes of customers.
Credit account management and analysis:
• Setup and maintain in SAP the appropriate credit limits of a limited portfolio of customers in accordance with the business needs and level of associated risk. Store all documents backing up credit related decisions in SAP.
Cash acceleration and revenue enablement:
• Collaborate actively with collections teams on an ongoing basis to share credit and collections-related matters. Act as an escalation point for relevant collections topics.
• Document and provide relevant credit recommendation for payment plan offering support to junior team members on any payment plan related matters; obtain the necessary level of approvals.
• Negotiate actively with the business and customer in order to ensure payments do not deviate from the payment terms accepted by HPE and address any exception to appropriate personnel.
• Offer support to junior team members in communicating to stakeholders the credit hold/order block reasons and the subsequent steps to facilitate the release.
Business Controls and Key Performance Indicators:
• Ensure the level of performance meets or exceeds assigned metrics (exceeded/expired credit limits, credit hold documentation, Restricted Party List screening…). Take shared accountability for KPIs in the team.
• Actively participate in the Monthly Operational Review Meetings and provide inputs/recommendations in support of the team.
• Adhere to internal process standards in order to comply with all internal and external audits. Collaborate with the audit teams should any concerns be raised and review the highlighted issues with the team. Take action to ensure that the team has a clear understanding of C&C processes and to minimize “failed” audit cases in the team.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.