Procurement Category Specialist - 1060743
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Hewlett Packard Enterprise active
View all jobs Procurement Category Specialist - 1060743 active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, our ideas propel our world faster. We’re an industry-leading technology company. And we’re accelerating everything we do. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, our technology and services help transform our customers around the world to become more efficient, more productive and more secure. They enable our customers to go further. And our employees to develop, learn and advance their careers. Ready to change the world? No one’s doing it faster.
Mission: We help customers use technology to slash the time it takes to turn ideas into value. In turn, they transform industries, markets and lives.
Some of our customers run traditional IT environments. Most are transitioning to a secure, cloud-enabled, mobile-friendly infrastructure. Many rely on a combination of both. Wherever they are in that journey, we provide the technology and solutions to help them succeed.
Education and Experience Required:
• First level university degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree.
• Typically 4-6 years of experience in procurement or supply chain function.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong understanding of procurement processes, industry, and suppliers.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
• Strong knowledge and use of procurement tools and applications.
• Strong communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities.
• Basic Project Management Skills.
• Basic ability to develop suppliers
• Strong teamwork and basic leadership skills; basic influencing skills.
• Mastery in English and local language.
• Ability to create a contract using standard company contract templates with supervision.
• Applies cause and effect thinking to identify common contract risk areas.
• Capable of applying pre- packaged contract solutions to obtain acceptable outcomes.
• Solid understanding of fundamental contracting principles.
• Good understanding of the company's business units and the company's business strategy.
• Excellent cultural knowledge of.
Procurement Category Specialist
Responsible for managing commodities/categories worldwide, including goods and services that support the company and its customers. Includes setting category strategies; supply base development to meet the company and customer requirements; and supplier contracting and negotiations; supplier qualification; and establishing quality processes / resolving quality issues. Emphasis is on strategy, supplier development, negotiations, business relationships, quality, cost, assurance of supply and predictability. Develops the company procurement strategies, policies and tactics required to achieve objectives. Primary objective is to reduce the cost of supply and meet demand requirements, business and quality specifications, and revenue goals. Adds value to the company through managing performance aspects of major contracts and subcontracts.
• Leads the analysis of a specific commodity data and industry trends or leads an individual supply chain sub- category; reports results to managers.
• Participates as a senior member on a cross-functional team (may lead specific projects).
• Meets with Stakeholder managers to understand business priorities and translate them into procurement plans; comprehends the industry and the Marketplace.
• Utilizes supply chain and financial modeling tools.
• Participates in Supplier Selection Activities.
• May lead activities for less complex domains.
• Assesses the supply base of category.
• Negotiates and contracts with suppliers.
• Engages with low-complexity suppliers.
• Monitors supplier performance.
• Executes risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management, and operation strategies.
• Identifies common contract risk areas.
• Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using pre- packed solutions.
• Advises program level business representatives on fundamental contract risk areas.
Supply Chain & Operations
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.