IT Technical Support
First and foremost we believe in the people on this site. We believe in those who want to develop and grow, both small companies and IT professionals and we know that we can create something beautiful together. We believe in their dreams, we believe in your dreams and we intend to prove the quality of the Romanian IT industry.Cerinte
Education and/or Experience
• BA/BS Degree preferred
• 5+ years of IT end user support experience is required
• A+ certification is required for candidates with less than 7 years experience
Advanced knowledge of:
• Microsoft Windows 7, 8, and 10 Enterprise
• macOS 10.12 and higher
• Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC)
• Microsoft 365 user account administration
• Microsoft Intune or another comparable MDM
• Dell, Lenovo, HP, and Apple laptop and desktop hardware
• Apple & Google mobile phone hardware
• Microsoft Office Pro Plus for Windows and Microsoft Office 2016 for macOS
• Macintosh and Windows printer setup and support
• Slack Administration
• Zoom Administration
• Apple Business Manager/DEP
Intermediate knowledge of:
• Networking TCP/IP and VLANs
• File permissions and access control
• Client-side Cisco Call Manager and Unity
• VMWare Fusion for macOS
• Mobile user client / firewall and VPN device configuration and support
• Understanding of a network infrastructure including, but not limited to the role of cabling, switches and routers
• Anti-Spam / Anti-Virus /Anti-Malware technologies
• Ivanti Endpoint Management
Other Skills & Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to proof and edit
• Strong teamwork and project-related skills
• Professional demeanor with strong customer service skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work with little supervision
• Ability to work over-time as well as weekends
• Participate in emergency on-call rotation for after-hours support
• Some travel may be required both domestic as well as international.
IT Support Specialist:
The IT Support Specialist's role is to assist the Global Service Desk Manager in meeting the organization’s IT needs. A majority of this person’s time will be spent responding to requests submitted via our online support ticket system, emails, phone calls, and in-person visits. The remainder of the time will be spent working on projects related to end-user support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Support employees, contractors and consultants with IT-related problems in an exceptional responsive and service-oriented manner.
• Attempts to resolve issues logically, and logs steps taken throughout the troubleshooting process in the organization’s ticketing system. Communicates status directly to end-users and escalates issues to other IT team members as needed.
• Escalation point for fellow service desk team members when addressing incidents and requests.
• Supports a diverse group of end-users in 11 different countries either in-person or via remote support tools and telephone.
• Helps to implement and maintain best-in-class deployment environment for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices utilizing modern device management.
• Assist the Global Service Desk Manager with project work to support the organization.
• Work directly with external vendors, contractors and consultants on various IT related projects as required.
• Help put processes in place to maintain a stable environment. This includes processes and procedures for imaging systems, patch deployment, AV and desktop security.
• Creation of documentation for end-users, as well as internal IT staff.
• Help maintain both fixed asset and operating inventories of all IT equipment in the organization.
• Provide input and recommendations to the organization surrounding hardware and software technologies and how these technologies can assist the business being especially proactive with new technologies.
• Provide support, troubleshooting and maintenance VoIP and video conferencing systems.
• Work with other IT team members to provide overlapping coverage for various systems and services.