About PTC (NASDAQ: PTC)
PTC unleashes industrial innovation with award-winning, market-proven solutions that enable companies to differentiate their products and services, improve operational excellence, and increase workforce productivity. With PTC, and its partner ecosystem, manufacturers can capitalize on the promise of today’s new technology to drive digital transformation.
• 1-3 years’ experience in a related technical field with technical sales experience a significant plus
• Bachelor’s Degree or technical degree; STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) or related field is a plus
• MS or graduate-level/research experience in STEM is a plus.
Our work is executed in a variety of ways including email, phone, case systems, virtual and physical business meetings, on-site and remote software and hardware integration, and light software and mechanical system development. Our team supports a high volume software business while at the same time demanding extremely high levels of precision and quality. Our role includes the following expectations:
1. Proficiency in the presentation and demonstration of the technical aspects of PTC’s Kepware industrial connectivity products, as well as any relevant protocols or technology.
a. Technology includes computer networking, web services, OPC-enabled products, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs, RTUs, PACs, etc.), SCADA/HMI/MES/ERP/IT software packages, big data platforms, data analytics tools, and IoT platforms.
2. Participation as a technical resource on customer calls with Sales and Product Management teams when necessary. Provide delivery of pre-sales support capability in conjunction with sales efforts.
3. Continuous research of network protocols, specifications, and other technologies related to the industries Kepware serves. This includes user application stories and competitors’ products.
4. Application of technical competencies to create meaningful content for instructional videos, technical guides, specification sheets, live webinars/consultations, and other collateral.
5. Facilitation of interdepartmental communication between Sales, Marketing, Support, Product Management, and Engineering when necessary.
6. Sales and marketing product demonstration development
PTC is a place where innovative thinking is encouraged and new ideas are always welcome. We’re looking for smart, passionate people that want to work together to make a difference. If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
PTC’s Industrial Connectivity offerings via the Kepware and ThingWorx Kepware brand are the global de facto standard for industrial system integration. Kepware’s team of Applications Engineers are a high profile group that work primarily with sales teams, business partners and end-users to ensure that all technical aspects of system integration and industrial connectivity are expertly managed throughout the entirety of the sales process inclusive of post-sales adoption as part of PTC’s CARE model. They will also facilitate communication of technical concepts between Sales, Marketing, Support, Product Management, and Engineering teams in addition to the authoring and administering of technical collateral such as how-to documents, videos, and live webinars. They will also create demonstration tools for sales and marketing efforts. Up to 25% of the time may be dedicated to travel in Europe and abroad.
Kepware’s Applications Engineers are positioned across the world with the majority of our team located in PTC’s Portland, Maine office. We collaborate extensively within and outside of our team to accomplish our goals. Remote Engineers include presence in Milan, Italy, Singapore, and Shanghai, China.