Big Data Engineer
Inetum is an agile IT services company that provides digital services and solutions and a global group that helps companies and institutions to get the most out of digital flow.
Vauban, the Romanian division of Inetum, is an important player in the IT services and solutions market in our country, with over 13 years of activity. Vauban has over 450 employees who provide, from the service centers in Bucharest, Pitesti and Constanta, IT consulting services, infrastructure and software development services, digital services, solutions for Smart City.
• GIT, Hadoop, Spark, SQL
• Scala or Python, CI/CD pipelines
• Cloud technologies (role management, scalable clusters)
• Data exploration and visualization tools (notebooks, BI tools).
• Work closely with data analysts in order to build and validate the data model
• Develop the processing flows using a generic Spark ETL tool written in Scala
• Publish the lineage and metadata on the data catalog
• Document the technical steps taken
• Push for new approaches in order to increase the efficiency of the team
• Raise the knowledge level of the team by sharing key details about big data technologies and tools.
As a big data engineer, you are trusted with the implementation of data processing flows according to the standards set by your peers and the business requirements.
You keep in touch with multiple teams which raise various data requirements for their web applications or business intelligence tools. A part of your daily work has been already organized in a rigorous way, but the other can be cast by your hand according to dynamic needs.