Microsoft Dynamics AX Senior Developer/Technical consultant
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Founded in 1948, our client is a Swiss, privately owned international agri-business that produce, originate and market fertilizers and grains and are part of the agricultural supply chain whose task it is to feed the world.
Our client is in the process of implementing a new ERP system (AMAX, rooted in Microsoft Dynamics AX) across the Group.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related area of study
• 3+ years’ experience with administration, customization & development of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
• 3+ year experience with C# .NET
• The ability to learn Object Oriented Concepts and the concepts of a Software Development Life Cycle
• 3+ years of experience developing functional and technical specifications for Dynamics AX enhancements and integrations
• ERP system experience
• Available to work abroad for at least 50% of working time
• Position based in Bucharest with occasional travel abroad
Two to five years development experience with Microsoft development tools.
Demonstrated ability to:
• Apply Microsoft development techniques effectively following development best practices
• Plan and carry out unit testing
• Resolve system incidents electively and in collaboration with support team
Familiar and experienced in:
• Core Microsoft Dynamics Applications
• Implementation Methodology Microsoft .NET technology, Microsoft Visual Studio development system, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Dynamics specific development environments
• Ability to work independently, prioritize and solve problems proactively
• Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
• Ability to think abstractly
• Team player with strong communication skills and customer focus
• Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
• Design and development of modifications or extensions for Microsoft Dynamics AX.
• Develop code for complex modules, following documentation and development standards.
• Provide work estimates that permit prioritization and task assignments.
• Ensure quality and maintain performance of deployed solutions through coding, testing and creating support documentation.
• Develop and maintain role centre based on Enterprise Portal for Microsoft Dynamics AX.
• Maintain and develop integrations and interfaces to third party solutions.
• Liaise with external AX developers and consultants to manage and implement associated recommendations to enhance the AX system end-user experience.
• Test modifications for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to established standards.
• Conduct system and acceptance testing and train customer resources to successfully use and maintain the Microsoft Dynamics AX application.
Maintenance and support
• Assist support team in solving system incidents swiftly and under pressure.
• Provide technical input and support on development technologies and environments.
• Manage Microsoft Dynamics AX environments, installations and configurations through model and model store management and delivery.
• Collaborate with consultants and support team to create and design functional specifications documentation.
• Have in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics AX application and evaluate the customer’s business processes against the standard Microsoft Dynamics functionality and our client customized trading functionality.
• Has awareness of the prescribed Microsoft Dynamics implementation methodology.
• Understands how the development and related testing activities fit into the overall customer engagement life-cycle.
• Prototype and configure processes in Dynamics AX 2012 to ensure the system works as per requirements
• Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure a comprehensive set of requirements, aligned to business objectives, gaining full understanding of current and future business processes.