Site Reliability Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs METRO SYSTEMS ROMANIA active
View all jobs Site Reliability Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
As a provider of internal IT services for METRO GROUP, METRO SYSTEMS Romania provides specialized consulting to retail companies in all aspects of IT, develops specific solutions along the full value chain and provides a powerful IT infrastructure with a team of over 900 IT professionals.Requirements
Why should you join us?
Our Site Reliability Engineers help finding an optimal balance between high reliability, maintainability, scalability and velocity of our software products. While running large-scale applications in production, SREs focus on production readiness by developing continuous monitoring and self healing techniques, mitigating common issues, providing transparency about alerts and incident root causes, a spart of instilling a blameless prostmortem culture. SREs also take part in the software delivery lifecycle, automate manual processes and build supporting tools.
- As part of an agile team you will be involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery and operation
- Increase the productivity of development teams by focusing on the cross-functional aspects like scalability, availability, maintainability, reliability, etc.
- Support development teams throughout the software development lifecycle by applying techniques of monitoring, observability and alerting, and by leading blameless postmortems after major incidents
- Strive for a high degree of automation on every level
- Continuously develop yourself, eager to share your knowledge and take over responsibility
- As part of the team you constantly seek out feedback while developing new features and always keep the code base clean and deployable to production
Skills we are looking for:
- You have a degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or equivalent
- You have exceptional verbal communication skills, open collaboration and strong attention to detail
Mindset/Ways of working:
- You have experience in dealing with difficult situations and you can make, when necessary, decisions with a sense of urgency
- You have experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems and you are always thinking “What happens if this fails?”
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- You have experience and knowledge of technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Postgres, Kafka, Jenkins, Gitlab or similar
- You are experienced in application monitoring and familiar with tools like Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack or similar
- You have experience working with Cloud providers (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- You have knowledge of web security and networking
What we offer?
- Opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies
- Career programs
- Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation
- Flexible working hours
- Lunch tickets
- Medical subscription and life insurance
- Private pension
- Fitness centers discounts, sports activities and other company events
- Good transport connections and free parking
- Relaxation area (ping pong, foosball, massage)
- Free Bookster.ro account
- And…fresh orange juice, good coffee, fresh fruits.