This job is no longer active!
View all jobs British American Tobacco Global Business Services active
View all jobs Compliance Manager active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Quality Control active on Hipo.ro
GBS (Global Business Services) provides financial, human resources, audit and IT services to the British American Tobacco entities. Our category expertise, large capabilities and international operation makes us a unique business partner who excels in financial leadership and, therefore, offers great shareholder value for BAT.
If you have financial or HR areas background; you thrive when faced with a challenge and you are highly motivated; you want to develop your career in an organisation that will not only recognise the unique attributes you bring but will support your development and reward your contribution,
visit our website @ www.bat-careers.com
• Support the Compliance Lead in maintenance and development of the GBS Compliance function
• Contribute as part of the first Line of Defense to the compliance of applicable laws & Regulations, Internal codes of practice/Standards and policy and procedures
• For the areas of responsibility:
o work with GBS management to ensure that RACM approved controls have been embedded and operating per control design, working with the Business Controls Team to address any identified control gaps.
o Perform regular compliance testing as necessary and monitoring within GBS.
o Review of exceptions reported through the monthly Controls Excellence Dashboard published by Business Controls Team, and define GBS specific action plans, to address those exceptions under the responsibility of GBS.
o Support GBS management for remediating and reporting status of IRI and other control related action plans.
o Coordinating with GBS Management to ensure that any necessary action plans because of an identified control breakdown are generated timely are appropriate and embedded across GBS
o Support GBS management with delivery of action plans resulting from BCT led controls health checks, IRI raised, Audit and SOX Controls testing
o Manage the creation of accurate and up to date information for internal reporting to GBS management.
o Perform Risk assessments and assurance health checks for scope migrated to GBS
o execution of stakeholder engagement plan
o Integrated feedback to GBS management on activities from other Control & Compliance and assurance functions including internal and external corporate audit, Group business controls team (BCT), and other assurance providers (. Employee Health & Safety EH&S, Product Integrity & Traceability (PI&T)) as and when required
• For the areas of responsibility:
o coordination and supervision of the work conducted by your team (if any) to ensure it is conducted in a professional and timely manner
• Develop self and the team through training, learning and development opportunities in risk and internal controls, audit and the business in general.
• Within the area of responsibility Support the various Risk, Control and Audit stakeholders with shaping the controls environment as defined by Group
• Influence key GBS stakeholders, clearly communicating control remediation and compliance monitoring results, and ensuring management buy in for areas of responsibility.
• For the areas of responsibility, liaise regularly and establish an effective communication with:
o GBS controls and Compliance Lead
o business management (respective GM, leads and key members of their respective operational teams
o Internal Audit
o Business Controls Team
o other relevant stakeholders, as appropriate
• Provide input to BCT for updates to the Controls Framework ,
• Promote benefits of internal control and awareness of the three lines of defence within the Group.
• Provide ad-hoc advice to GBS management to drive control remediation plans as agreed with Business controls team,
• Ensure that latest Group developments in the area of internal control are proactively captured and appropriately cascaded within GBS, ensuring consumption of new material has happened across GBS
• Participate in focus groups on process and controls initiatives, as led by Business controls Team
• Contribute to creation of compliance excellence within the DNA of GBS