Junior Software Developer-Sports
Our people make the difference and are our most valuable asset
We are a purpose driven company with ambitious, highly skilled people and an academic culture that we are proud of. We use our passion for mathematics to optimize organizations and, with every mathematical optimization and analytics solution we implement, we make the world a little better.
At ORTEC, you will be part of a unique organization and team! We will support you in finding your strengths and the best way to succeed within the company through a challenging, hands-on experience.
What we do
As a company that is driven by data and technology, we focus on improving the impact our solutions have on our customers’ business. Therefore, research and development is an important factor in our activity. We continuously strive to improve our product suite and services. We develop optimization and analytics solutions that are state-of-the-art and often pioneering. Our employees have vast experience in Operations Research and IT, which we combine with extensive knowledge of industry-specific business processes across almost every industry imaginable. What is our everyday goal? Finding better solutions in shorter times, providing our customers with a key to sustainable success in a challenging world. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive.
The ORTEC journey started in the early 1980s. A few young Dutch students wanted to show the world the value of mathematics to secure long term sustainable growth for organizations and society at large. 37 years later, ORTEC is the world’s leading supplier of mathematical optimization software and advanced analytics with around 1000 employees and offices in 13 countries around the globe. Over the years, we have optimized business processes at more than 2,000 leading companies, enabling us to make a significant contribution to a better world.
Join us in Optimizing the World! If you are looking to work in a fast-paced challenging environment, then we challenge you to take the step and join us at ORTEC to discover your optimum!
Who are you:
As a Junior Software Developer you have 0-2 years of relevant working experience and you hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or other relevant studies.
Furthermore you have/are:
- A Passion for sports;
- Experience with programming in C#, SQL, AngularJS;
- Passionate about IT, it’s not just your job;
- A puzzle solver with excellent analytical skills;
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, data structures and design patterns;
- Curious, flexible and able to quickly come to the essence of a problem or a situation;
- Able to fluently communicate in English (verbally and in writing)
About ORTEC Sports
ORTEC Sports develops decision and information generating systems to analyze effectivity in sports. By cleverly combining data and mathematics, ORTEC Sports is able to provide information and insights that contribute to a better performance of teams and football clubs.
We analyses 50 leagues each year and most known clients are Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord and the MLS.
We are looking for an enthusiastic sports fan with knowledge of front-end and back-end development to help create new functionalities. In this position, you will be programming, testing, maintaining our products, creating various data visualization, and coming up with ideas for improving the development process and product. You are the center of delivering highly usable and innovative ways for the customer to get insights into their data. Quality, scalability and performance are key values in your development. In this role you are able to develop yourself towards a full-stack developer.
ORTEC Sports offers a young and challenging working environment where you work with the newest technologies for our sports data applications and can have a laugh at the same time!
What we offer:
- A unique work experience in an open, creative and informal atmosphere;
- Inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues;
- Work – life balance approach;
- Great opportunities to develop yourself and fulfill your ambitions (clear career paths, yearly evaluations and increases, job rotation options)
- Flexible schedule within the limits of the department’s availability;
- Friendly work environment with a great location, new and easy to access office building;
- Relaxation areas, daily fruits delivery, foosball table, our own bar (ORTap)
- On-site chair massage;
- Events: Annual teambuilding, Christmas party, monthly ORTEC Sports Day;
- Sports benefits offered in collaboration with the ‘7card’ network;
- ‘Bookster’ subscription;
- Annual bonus based on team’s accomplishments – up to 1 full salary.