Senior Analyst, Asset/Configuration
1.1 Role Purpose
The purpose of the role of Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) Analyst is to support the organization’s SACM capability through the identification, control, recording, reporting, verification and auditing of Configuration Items (CIs) in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB). The role supports the Service Asset & Configuration Process Owner to deliver the organization’s SACM strategy and achieve the SACM goals, and to provide expertise and guidance to fellow IT Service Management colleagues.
The role is responsible for achieving this by ensuring that processes, tools, and correct governance are in place and being used in accordance to the ITIL best practices. SACM is integral to the Change Management processes, and the role of the Analyst is to ensure that users of the SACM Process maintain the integrity of the CMDB through authorised change control mechanisms. The key responsibilities include:
- Assist the SACM Process Owner with process, and CMDB and Configuration Item scope definitions.
- Ensure that the Service Asset and Configuration Management Process is used correctly within the LSEG.
- Ensure the SACM Process, Procedures and Work Instruction documentation is complete, and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Help define and maintain CI naming and numbering conventions.
- Execute CI Identification activities to coordinate and manage compliance to CI identification/registration procedures.
- Design, develop and run Status Accounting reports for key stakeholders as required.
- Perform Verification & Audit activities to ensure that changes to the CMDB data are recorded and authorized, maintaining a high-level of completeness, correctness and compliance.
- Monitor and administer management reports and KPIs, providing variance explanations and initiating corrective action.
- Perform key data quality improvement activities, including CI de-duplication and compliance validation.
- Coordinate and deliver SACM training, and best practice advice & guidance to colleagues.
- Undertake a Continual Service Improvement (CSI) Process activities as required.
- Interface with other Service Management Processes (e.g. Change Management) to ensure that SACM Policies and Process are complied with and followed correctly.
- Perform any other SACM-related tasks that the organisation or SACM Process Owner requires.
1.3 Skills Attributes
The following are the skills that are present in a competent Service Asset & Configuration Management Analyst.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, creative and highly disciplined.
- Committed to consistently delivering high-quality work and outcomes.
- Previous experience in an IT Service Management environment.
- Strong written communication, reporting and presentation skills.
- Able to successfully build relationships and collaborate with a range of stakeholders.
- A demonstrable understanding of IT Infrastructure and technology.
- Experience with IT Service Management tools.
- Previous experience in working in a large Financial Services organisations, or similar industry.
- A work background in business analysis and/or data analysis
- Proven SACM experience and expertise.
- A good understanding of CMDB technologies.
- A good understanding of IT Asset Discovery and associated tools.
- A good understanding of Business Service Mapping and associated tools.
- Good knowledge of Software License Management Best Practice
- Previous experience in IT Asset Management.
- ITIL Foundation qualification / ITIL experience.