Service Asset & Configuration Management Analyst
Our global teams took on the challenge to make a difference in the way the global financial markets operate. Would you seek the same challenge?
The purpose of the role of Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) Analyst is to support the organization’s SACM capability through the identification, control, recording, reporting, verification and auditing of Configuration Items (CIs) in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB). The role supports the Service Asset & Configuration Process Owner to deliver the organization’s SACM strategy and achieve the SACM goals, and to provide expertise and guidance to fellow IT Service Management colleagues.
As a Service Asset and Configuration Management Analyst you will work closely with your colleagues and your responsibilities will be to:
- Assist the SACM Process Owner with process, and CMDB and Configuration Item scope definitions.
- Ensure that the Service Asset and Configuration Management Process is used correctly within the LSEG.
- Ensure the SACM Process, Procedures and Work Instruction documentation is complete, and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Help define and maintain CI naming and numbering conventions.
- Execute CI Identification activities to coordinate and manage compliance to CI identification/registration procedures.
- Design, develop and run Status Accounting reports for key stakeholders as required.
- Perform Verification & Audit activities to ensure that changes to the CMDB data are recorded and authorized, maintaining a high-level of completeness, correctness and compliance.
- Monitor and administer management reports and KPIs, providing variance explanations and initiating corrective action.
- Perform key data quality improvement activities, including CI de-duplication and compliance validation.
- Coordinate and deliver SACM training, and best practice advice & guidance to colleagues.
- Undertake a Continual Service Improvement (CSI) Process activities as required.
- Interface with other Service Management Processes (e.g. Change Management) to ensure that SACM Policies and Process are complied with and followed correctly.
- Perform any other SACM-related tasks that the organisation or SACM Process Owner requires.
- CMDB technologies
- IT Asset Discovery and associated tools
- Business Service Mapping and associated tools
- Software License Management Best Practice
- ITIL Foundation qualification / ITIL experience
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
- Share Purchase Plan
- Volunteering Days