Golang Developer | Team Lead
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
The Company is revolutionizing the browsing experience by making it faster, ad free, more reliable, secure and non-trackable, thus marking a groundbreaking change of the Internet. It is committed to freeing the internet from annoying ads, malware, and trackers and is developing the first fully decentralized peer-to-peer networking technology. This will increase speeds and free up precious on busy networks by compressing traffic, caching files and web pages accessed by multiple users, and stripping ads from websites.
The Company was founded in 2012 and is today among the world’s largest proxy service providers, with over 30 Million residential IPs and 20,000+ global customers including Fortune 500 companies.
The company has recently moved into a bigger office in Bucharest and is on track to grow from 10 to 30 people in the next few months. The company is looking for a Team Lead (with minimum 2 years of Golang experience) and a Golang Developer to join the team and work with its scalable, highly-available Golang platform.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of creating an independent Internet by building the next generation of business proxy networks. If you love the creative aspect of building and you can create great user experiences and high performant single page applications, than this is a great opportunity for you.
Your primary focus will be on developing Go packages and programs that are scalable and maintainable. You will ensure that these Go packages and programs are well documented and have a reasonable test coverage. You will work with the rest of the team on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
• Write clean, modular, scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
• Translate requirements into simple, reliable, stable, working and high-performance software
• Take full ownership of the product from design to implementation and deployment
• Tackle tough design and UX problems
• Play a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient micro services distributed architecture
• Create new ideas with the team and continually iterate on the experience
The person we seek for this role is an elite and humble Go developer who possess logical thinking and a strong understanding of how best to leverage and exploit the language’s unique paradigms, idioms, and syntax, and to build robust and efficient software with conciseness, simplicity, and safety.
We are looking for a person with knowledge of blockchain and smart contracts who loves decentralization and innovation, and has the following characteristics:
• Knowledge of Networking (VPN, NAT, Firewalls, Protocols), Python, Node.js
• Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
• Knowledge of common Goroutine and channel patterns
• Experience with the full site of Go frameworks and tools, including:
o Dependency management tools such as Godep, Sltr, etc.
o Go’s templating language
o Go’s code generation tools, such as Stringer
o Popular Go web frameworks, such as Revel
o Router packages, such as Gorilla Mux
• Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
• Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial
• Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to instill and enforce best practices around web development
• Ability to navigate large existing code, and improve it as it changes
• A sense of urgency and ownership over the product
• Great attitude towards work and people
• Intellectually curious, passionate, and inventive
• Focus on quality and simplicity, sweat the details, and delight our users
• Motivated to solve problems in unique and innovative ways
• Desire to make things beautiful, and a strong understanding of usability and visual design
• Proficiency in English is required. An additional language would be an asset.