Proposal Engineer with French
By joining us as a Proposal Engineer, you will be responsible for the timely delivery of accurate project quotations based on customer specifications and in line with the sales strategy. You will act as a Solution Architect during pursuit and proposal phase by defining innovative and efficient solutions to fit customers’ requirements. You will also work on international projects and will have the chance to combine the technical aspects with the commercial ones. If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our team in Cluj-Napoca, Romania!
- Develop and maintain a solid knowledge of Process Systems and Solutions (PSS) and other Business Units products and Industry applications
- Analyze customers RFQ (Request For Quote) for project proposals, raise and resolve any queries
- Prepare quotations for Long Term Service Agreements and issue renewals within the set target
- Solution architect during pursuit and proposal phase by defining innovative and efficient solutions to fit customers’ requirements
- Responsible for the generation of all project proposal deliverables (Bill of Material, Table of Compliance, System Architecture, Technical Solution and Commercial Proposal) using various proposal tools ensuring accuracy and completeness of the financial estimates
- Collaborate, communicate and align activities with the local European PSS sales teams and Integrated Solutions Center Cluj departments to understand customer needs and requirements
- Organize and/or attend internal proposal kick off and review meetings; report on assigned tasks and assumes full ownership of assigned actions
- Work with the European PSS sales team to issue several proposals in parallel
- Be flexible to travel to customer sites as well as to other Emerson European offices for kick-off meetings, clarifications, site surveys, proposal development and review meetings in accordance with the agreed sales and proposal strategies
- Follow the correct working methods, procedures, tools
- Support the development of Junior engineers through technical and work processes training
- Adhere to Emerson Automation Solution Ethical values at all time
- French language upper intermediate (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of a second European language is considered an advantage
- University studies in an Engineering discipline, preferred: Automation, Electrical, Telecoms, Chemical
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position in a commercial or engineering environment (customer support, sales support, technical sales, application engineer)
- Good knowledge of Industry Processes or Process Control and Instrumentation is an advantage Business Communication
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications
- Technical writing, detail-oriented and ability to work accurately
By joining Emerson as a Proposal Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process but also technical and commercial trainings, so you could continuously improve your knowledge about our products and process.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.