Employee Relations Generalist (1-year fixed term)
Part of the employee relations team that oversees the relationship company-employees from hiring to exit this role provides Employee Relations support focusing primarily on employee engagement. Working under general direction, knows and applies fundamental knowledge of HR practices to: resolve employee issues, manage HR processes and accomplish various projects related to: leadership; retention; organization development and review with the general aim of improving and maintain climate and employee engagement.
- First point of contact in all matters related to employee engagement, climate and retention, cooperates with employees and leaders from ASBC for understanding operational strategies.
- Contributes to the development and administration of programs, policies and guidelines to help align the workforce with company’s strategic goals. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems; participates in administrative meetings and attends other meetings. Participates upon request in other projects of interest for us prioritizing on HR specific ones.
- Owns our salary and/or position change (SPC) process, bonuses included: acts as gatekeeper; makes sure all proposals are in full alignment with the business case and our compensation & benefits references (our best practices included); validates & initiates SPC proposals etc. Coaches leaders in compensation and benefits matters, communication with employees included. Assists employees with any claim issues in this area.
- Makes sure our performance management program (process, tools etc.) is implemented and functions properly; makes sure goals are set in line with our best practices so that: to be aligned with business goals, to motivate our employees and to enable their development. Tracks associated KPI-s and acts for bringing them to the targeted level. Reports any observed risk or dysfunctionality.
- Participates in managing our Employees Opinion Survey and resulted action plan; monitors organizational climate, analyzes, informs and proposes improvement actions when and where is the case. Reports any blocking point or organizational risk.
- Makes sure there is an Ethical Business Environment in ASBC; participates together with ASBC leaders in executing our ethics program; tracks and follows-up on associated KPI-s and acts for bringing them to the targeted level. Reports immediately any observed ethics issue.
- Participates together with ASBC’s leaders in our Organization Review program; participates in the development, review, update and implementation of the organizational development plans.
- In partnership with ASBC’s leaders develops and proposes training programs in line with Cluj Campus approach and operational needs. Tracks associated KPI-s and acts for bringing them to the targeted level.
- Works together with ASBC’s leaders for developing communication plans. In assigned areas of responsibility partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws. Assists with the implementation of company safety and health programs.
- Monitors people turnover. In partnership with ASBC’s leaders proposes, develops and implements employee retention programs and service continuity programs. Escalates immediately any organizational risk.
- Maintains daily contact with employees and management; as part of the ER team manages employee relations programs. Reports and makes sure ASBC’s management is informed on any communication dysfunctionality.
- Participates in solving conflict issues including escalating them to ASBC’s management. Participates in handling disciplinary issues in line with law requirements and our best practices.
- Owns our Exit Interview process: makes sure exit interviews are properly conducted for every voluntary leave; analyses, validates and reports on findings with special focus on dysfunctionalities and risks for our organization; proposes, develops and implements improvement programs where the case with focus on employee retention, climate and leadership.
- In full alignment with our policies and best practices acts as advisor and coach for ASBC’s leaders in all HR/people management matters and precedents or directs them toward appropriate level. Reports any observed risk or dysfunctionality.
- Supports staffing activities so that stable, qualified workforce to be on site by required time: helps leaders to improve their recruiting skills which may include observing in interviews, identification of relevant questions for positions being recruited, analysis and communication of strengths and areas to be improved etc. May participate in interviews for selecting candidates for key positions. Reports any observed risk or dysfunctionality.
- At all-time acts as gatekeeper for assigned processes; constantly monitor them and associated tools; proposes, develops & implement (after validation with Employee Relations team’s management) continuous improvement actions with focus on perfect execution so that to result an optimal overall rate effort-result and administrative burden to be minimized and makes sure that offers to management the best visibility on findings on organization (both positive issues and dysfunctionalities or risks)
- Acts as first backup for the HR Generalist function in the team: when needed (HR Generalist leaves) provides basic HR generalist coverage for service continuity purposes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (effective presentations skills included) as well as strong analytical skills. Ability to communicate effectively and with professionalism at all levels and in a variety of situations. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to present complex information with a simplistic approach. Strong customer service focus and diplomacy.
- Proficient English language skills (verbal and written) – other languages a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Knowledge of HR systems and processes. Ability to work through (HR) systems. Very good analytical skills
- Ability and willingness to manage multiple tasks and projects with a sense of urgency, all while managing unexpected requests and changing priorities. Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload with a proactive, ‘can do’ attitude. Creative problem-solving mind-set and solid team player. Excellent attention to detail, timeliness and accuracy.
- High level of integrity/confidentiality and diplomacy
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, performance management etc.
- Minimum of 5 years` experience resolving complex employee relations issues in administrative and/or customer service role; experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, human resources, or related field.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.