Remote Virtual Office Support Engineer
RVO2 is a global program that leverages virtualization technology to manage project engineering systems at multiple centers. The RVO2 Support Engineer is responsible for all activities related to the support of the Worldwide Centralized Engineering Infrastructure in the local RVO2 center. These activities include planning and allocation of systems, end-to-end lifecycle management of virtual and physical systems (software and hardware), and Engineering Platforms.
- Actively participate in daily operation and overall coordination of all activities related to the support of the Worldwide Centralized Engineering Infrastructure (manpower, materials and resource assignment)
- Manage the virtual environments, including OS and virtual networking. Configure the virtual environments for individual projects on a day-to-day basis using templates and administration services. Ensure connectivity for the users. Ensure security and safety
- Perform system installations for Emerson’s DeltaV software and hardware, powering-up and testing of these installations. Keep DeltaV firmware up to date according to project needs, knowledgebase articles and Emerson recommendations
- Conduct test activities related to system installation and power-up, configuring test applications and perform DeltaV system hardware tests
- Support the end users / front offices with connectivity issues, and with the internal testing and factory acceptance testing
- Responsible for keeping all Emerson’s DeltaV equipment current for new releases and hot fixes
- Provide general system administration support for the VMWare ESX virtual servers including diagnosis, optimization, documentation, security
- Monitor storage and backup systems for efficiency and utilization
- At least 2 years of experience in VMware vSphere / VCenter as virtualization platform.
- At least 2 years of experience with Microsoft Windows server Operating System at administration level
- Experience with large number of virtual servers (deployment & administration).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience level in related field
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V technology is a plus
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint is a plus
- Knowledge of one or more Emerson Applications (e.g. DeltaV, Syncade, Ovation, OpenEnterprise) is a plus
- Familiar with Emerson processes, standards and tools is a plus
- Cisco networking experience
- Knowledge of VMware Operations Manager
- Experience with Dell Servers and storage
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.