IT Infrastructure Engineer
Undertakes project design, implementation, factory acceptance test phases and creates documents developed for our customers within our project team according to agreed planning and functional requirements. The Engineer supports one or more Senior Engineers or Lead Engineers in the delivery of project related engineering deliverables and is responsible for assigned tasks. The Infrastructure Engineer will act as a design engineer to support the proposal, design and implementation in the deployment of process automation systems (PAS) infrastructure including servers, workstations, host servers for virtualization, copper/wireless industrial networks equipment, virtual infrastructure and cybersecurity components and setting.
- Customer Relations – supports Senior Engineers or Lead Engineers in understanding, managing and achieving each customer’s expectations
- Sales Support - give support to proposal team in country sales offices for infrastructure technical proposals
- Project Execution – takes ownership of the project activities on all allocated tasks and proactively utilize methodologies, resources and techniques for minimizing the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard. Perform configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of infrastructure (network, servers, workstations).
- Conduct site surveys in a manufacturing environment to ensure client readiness for secure infrastructure deployments; this will be in conjunction with local Sure Service teams
- Project Management – provides Senior Engineers or Lead Engineers with all necessary support and information to ensure that they are fully informed of resource requirements, progress and areas of risk for the allocated tasks
- Scope control – fully understands the scope of work within their portfolio, ensures that it is delivered to the requisite quality, budget and schedule and that the relevant Senior Engineers or Lead Engineers are fully informed, at the earliest opportunity, of any customer-initiated changes in scope
- HSE/Quality control – ensures that all engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved – adheres to company’s and customer HSEQ standards at all times
- Technical knowledge – acquires, maintains and actively shares knowledge and experience with the team and the wider organization
- Small Projects – where the business determines that the scope of a project does not justify having a separate Senior Engineer and Engineer, then the roles will be combined, and the Engineer will undertake both roles
- Engineering degree, state-certified technician, completed vocational training or equivalent knowledge, Bachelor’s in Computer Science/Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience on Information technology (IT)
- Knowledge on network infrastructure components
- Ideally have a Microsoft certification, Cisco CCNA or higher with a specialization
- Hands-on experience in IP networking technology (LAN), Windows server administration, VMWare, Hyper-V
- Some knowledge on Cyber Security and security features setup
- Master knowledge of Microsoft office including Visio
- Some knowledge of database management, share point desirable but not mandatory
- Some knowledge of wireless & radio communications is desirable but not mandatory
- Some knowledge or experience in network architecting and administration
- Some knowledge or experience in virtual machines, cloud computing and networking virtualisation but not mandatory
- Some knowledge of industrial automation systems desirable but not mandatory
- Travel will be required as part of this job role duration and frequency will be variable.
- No direct line management but must be capable of assuming on projects in future as required
- Language: English (Fluent)
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.