Business Analyst with SQL
The Business Analyst drives improvements in Measurement and Analytical Europe intended to result in improved customer focus, increased delivery performance and optimized internal business processes. The role will develop reports and tools to support the decision making to drive business objectives based on Quotes, Orders, Model Configuration and Operations data from Global, European and Rosemount Business Applications. The primary Focus is on TWC and After Sales. This role will also be responsible to provide data analysis expertise and reporting to the Perfect Execution Team, Customer Care Director & Senior Business Intelligence Lead.
- Provide data analysis expertise and reporting using Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (2008 onwards).
- Develop new reports based on the business need using different BI technologies: Excel, SSRS, Power BI
- Develop the reporting system by analyzing, designing, programming and managing ERS databases (using SQL queries) to be an application interface.
- Able to identify areas for improvements, processes and recommend changes, solutions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines
- Create ad-hoc reports on request
- Work with business users/managers, interpret requirements and convert these into productive, practical and robust data reports/applications.
- Identify the needs of the end user (the people providing and accessing the data) and set up databases to meet the data needs of the user
- Document and work to standards for report development. Test and deliver requirements in a timely manner. Manage own time and communicate clear, effective plans for delivering agreed reports/ applications.
- Contribute to and support Rosemount activities as and when required, particularly in the areas of ad hoc reports, data analysis and data decision making from the information systems.
- Develop knowledge of Rosemount/Europe Business Applications and Rosemount products to be productive in delivering reports and data analysis.
- Acquire expert applications knowledge of the business unit’s sales productivity tools.
- Demonstrate and apply skills as a team player, be self-motivated and low maintenance.
- Provide support for the various Rosemount SharePoint sites in Europe.
- Develop and Roll out Data SQL processes & Strategy for Rosemount EMEA, CIS. Including maintenance, updates and global standardization.
- Working with business staff, IT and other groups, design and develop the distribution processes that will be deployed in Oracle across Europe, ensuring it meets with both current and future business requirements
- University degree in Computer Science /IT/Engineering / Mathematics/Finance/Statistics would be advantages
- Good acknowledge of Business Analysis, skilled in Microsoft Office
- PowerBI – nice to have
- SSRS – an advantage
- Willingness to learn new BI technologies
- Languages: English–advance level
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future. Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.