Data Protection Specialist with German
Support the Director Data Protection Europe and the European DP Team in the implementation of the Global and European Data Protection compliance program, in particular organize the collection, draft and update the documentation for critical projects of the European and Global DP team (Intra Group Data Transfer Agreements and related Powers of Attorney, Co-Determination Materials for European Employee representatives, Registry of Processing Activities) and manage these projects moving forward. Support the handling of internal requests in the area of Data Privacy in Europe.
- Provide support about Emerson’s Data Protection compliance program in Europe. In consultation and under the supervision of Director Data Protection Europe and in close collaboration with the Data Protection Coordinators:
- Organize the collection, draft and update the documentation for the following critical projects of the European and Global DP team: Intra Group Data Transfer Agreement (IGTA), in particular annexes reflecting the intra-group cross-border processing activities; Powers of Attorney issued by data Exporters and data Importers relating to the IGTA; Co-Determination Materials on new IT-Systems in German and English to be addressed to German Works Councils and generally Employee representatives across Europe; Registry of Processing Activities (centralized registry) and support various legal entities in the registration of their local systems.
- Support risk assessment analysis on data protection compliance for existing and new systems for regulatory implementation purposes;
- Support in the development and delivery of data protection training, policies, processes, guidelines, communication within Europe;
- Assist with the review and rating of the One Emerson Governance Program (formerly „CCSA”) annual reports from a data protection perspective;
- Business fluent in German and advanced English;
- Good PC skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, E-mailers;
- Very good communications skills;
- Technical background or IT security is plus;
- Relevant previous experience in administrative roles (customer service, procurement, finance or legal support position)
- Very good organization skills;
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.