Gameplay Programmer for Ubisoft Craiova
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
• Advanced knowledge of C++;
• Ability to work with a large amount of code inside a large team;
• Good software architecture skills are highly appreciated;
• Good game design abilities are also useful for a gameplay programmer;
• Knowledge of current games and the ability to reverse engineer features and mechanics;
• Understanding of other game development areas – UI, network, audio, animation etc.
• Good English communication skills.
As a Gameplay programmer, your role is to develop the features, mechanics and building blocks that create the game experience.For that, you will work closely with the other job families to define the design of various features and handle their implementation, ensuring believability, good game feel, and player comfort.
You will deal with code in various fields of game programming, using the low level frameworks of the UI, audio, FX, engine, network subsystems to build your complete gameplay feature.
• Works directly with game designers, prototypes, and researches to make sure that various features are completely and realistically designed;
• Is in charge of assessing the technical feasibility of new features and the impact they bring on other modules and systems;
• Implements features focusing on the quality of interaction between the player and the game;
• Interacts with the multiple job families responsible to create assets for the game (game design, level design, art, FX, sound);
• Touches multiple programming fields – UI, audio, AI, network synchronization, engine - to obtain fully implemented features.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
• Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
• Relaxation room;
• Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
• Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad;
• Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
• Team activities once a month: movie tickets or other fun activities;
• 7card offers.
Ubisoft has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992. Ubisoft Craiova opened in 2008 and has been an important component in strengthening its foundation.
The studio has experience in video games development and works on the production and testing of some of the most iconic AAA brands of international reputation, such as Ghost Recon.
Ubisoft Craiova is also a valuable collaborator to the Technology Group, which helps to develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in the Ubisoft games.
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.