Gameplay Programmer for Ubisoft Craiova
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
• Advanced knowledge of C++;
• Ability to work with a large amount of code inside a large team;
• Good software architecture skills are highly appreciated;
• Good game design abilities are also useful for a gameplay programmer;
• Knowledge of current games and the ability to reverse engineer features and mechanics;
• Understanding of other game development areas – UI, network, audio, animation etc.
• Good English communication skills.
As a Gameplay programmer, your role is to develop the features, mechanics and building blocks that create the game experience.For that, you will work closely with the other job families to define the design of various features and handle their implementation, ensuring believability, good game feel, and player comfort.
You will deal with code in various fields of game programming, using the low level frameworks of the UI, audio, FX, engine, network subsystems to build your complete gameplay feature.
• Works directly with game designers, prototypes, and researches to make sure that various features are completely and realistically designed;
• Is in charge of assessing the technical feasibility of new features and the impact they bring on other modules and systems;
• Implements features focusing on the quality of interaction between the player and the game;
• Interacts with the multiple job families responsible to create assets for the game (game design, level design, art, FX, sound);
• Touches multiple programming fields – UI, audio, AI, network synchronization, engine - to obtain fully implemented features.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
• Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
• Relaxation room;
• Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
• Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad;
• Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
• Team activities once a month: movie tickets or other fun activities;
• 7card offers.